Hello,

This is my first post..and first every BB phone. I have been a fan of Palm based phones for the past several years..and have finally given up on them. I just purchased the Storm 9530 from Verizon. I have all my contacts on the Centro.

Here is the kicker...one reason I bought the Storm is that the centro is corrupted per Verizon. I have all my info on the Desktop Palm application. I tried doing the Blackberry synch to transfer the info, but the Highleted areas to choose from were grayed out. I even tried to get an earlier version of the desktop palm program without luck. I really dont feel like entering all 60 of my contacts manually on the Storm.

Any suggestions would be great.

isaac
    01-01-09 01:45 PM
    Does your Centro still work?

What you need to do is you need to re-sync your phone to Outlook.

You can do this by popping the Palm Software (provided by Verizon) into your computer and setting your sync options to Outlook, as opposed to Palm Desktop.

And you should be able to sync your Storm with Outlook.
    Last edited by bitterspeak; 01-01-09 at 01:52 PM.
    01-01-09 01:49 PM
    Try either syncing it to your outlook first and then to your storm or take your palm into a verizon store and have them load your contacts for you.
    01-01-09 01:49 PM
    The Outlook thing is the easiest way, sync the Palm to Outlook then sync the Storm to Outlook.

If you don't feel like entering 60 contacts into the Storm, enter them into Outlook; it'll be easier on the computer with a keyboard, though you'll probably lose the contact pictures.

When it's all in Outlook, you should also be good in the future if you decide to jump ship to another OS or even another Blackberry. Most of the operating systems are compatible with Outlook (Palm, Windows Mobile, Symbian, Blackberry, etc).
    01-01-09 01:53 PM
    I had the same issue last night. The problem lies in the version of the Palm Desktop software you have. I was told by Blackberry tech support that the Blackberry Desktop Device Switch Wizard will not recognize the Palm data if you are using Palm Desktop V4.2 or V6.2.

You must upgrade or downgrade to either V6.01 (not available online) or V4.1.4e. There are warnings not to downgrade from V4.2 to V4.1.4e, but unless you want to migrate to Outlook and then to your Storm from there, that was/is the only way I could find. I did it (downgraded, since I am not a Outlook user), and it worked fine for me. All my contacts/memos/tasks and schedule imported to my storm with no problem. And since I am bailing on the Palm, I wasn't too worried if some of the functionality no longer worked as long as my data imported successfully.
    01-01-09 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD