I use Microsoft Outlook to keep my busy family's schedule in line. We are a family of 7, and my husband and I both have jobs that have us working different days of the week - including weekends and holidays - and those days are never the same days.

I usually just put them in as an 'all day event' just so I can see it on the calendar. If it is at a specific time (like appt), I just put it as part of the name.

This is my first Blackberry, and am thrilled that I can now have my schedule WITH me when we are out and about. I used to have a PDA (before it got lost) that did that job for me. I could sync it, and any changes I would make to the PDA would get on to my computer, and vice versa.

I'm not seeing that with my Storm. Yes, new items on my computer go to my Storm, but not the other way. And things I delete on one or the other doesn't get deleted. Oh, and when I accept the changes on the sync, I am getting multiple identical items on my phone (like, I work tomorrow. On my phone it says that 4 times now!) I suspect that it is because I've done a sync 4 times over the course of the past few weeks.

Is there something simple I'm missing? Or is it not capable of doing what I want it to do?

This is what I do: I connect my phone to my computer. It automatically synchronizes. It gives me the option of accepting or rejecting the changes. Often, it shows the same number of deletions as additions. ??? I hit accept.

I also see that if I do a sync, disconnect my phone from the computer, make NO changes to either one, connect it again, it goes through the process - it tells me there are changes that can be made???

I'm confused! Please help!
    12-30-08 10:48 AM
    Hello! You have to configure DM to sync from both the device and outlook.

Open DM, hit synchronize and then configure ont he left menu. Highlight calendar and hit advanced. Make sure the double arrow is showing to indicate that info will be shared between the device and outlook.
    12-30-08 10:53 AM
    Thanks, Rooster.

Is there a way to delete everything on my phone calendar so I can start from scratch?
    12-30-08 11:50 AM
    Thanks, Rooster.

Is there a way to delete everything on my phone calendar so I can start from scratch?
    It should be an option in the same area of DM. Just remember to change it back afterwards
    12-30-08 11:56 AM
    Found it. Go to "Setup" instead of "Advanced", set it for one-way sync to device and check the box for "Replace all data in the target application".
    12-30-08 12:02 PM
    is there anyway to maybe publish a calender on the web or something and be able to have my secretary add events to it and have it update from there?
    12-30-08 12:02 PM
    is there anyway to maybe publish a calender on the web or something and be able to have my secretary add events to it and have it update from there?
    Google Sync
    12-30-08 12:04 PM
    Google Sync for BlackBerry will do that with Google Calendar and you can also sync Outlook to Google Calendar with Desktop Google Calendar Sync. So you can wirelessly sync your BlackBerry with Outlook (without BES) using both Google Syncs and a gmail account.
    12-30-08 12:06 PM
    Google Sync for BlackBerry will do that with Google Calendar and you can also sync Outlook to Google Calendar with Desktop Google Calendar Sync. So you can wirelessly sync your BlackBerry with Outlook (without BES) using both Google Syncs and a gmail account.
    thank you very much..that helped..now would i have to publish my calendar or add her calendar? or would she be able to add things right to mine..sorry im new to google calendar and outlook
    12-30-08 12:28 PM
    thank you very much..that helped..now would i have to publish my calendar or add her calendar? or would she be able to add things right to mine..sorry im new to google calendar and outlook
    Depends on your set up. If you use outlook exchange and your secretary has access to your non-private Outlook calendar events (as most do with this setup) then she can just add stuff to your calendar from her computer. Then your computer, with Outlook open, will sync with Google, then your BlackBerry will sync with Google and grab the changes. This work two-ways too, so what you add to your BB calendar will show up on your Outlook calendar. One downside is that you must have your computer on when your secretary adds events in order for it to sync with Google.
    12-30-08 12:31 PM
    Slightly off topic - For keeping schedules for different family members integated into a calendar, there is a free website called Cozi.com. They also have an Outlook tool for syncing. You can also use their online grocery lists. I still haven't figured out for myself which method I'm going to use to streamline everything between work and home. Still in the testing phase.

PS - Cozi also has a really nice screen saver you can download for your PC pictures. Creates a collage of related pics each time a new screen loads.
    12-30-08 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD