I have downloaded the sync program to my bb, but how do I make it sync. Does it sync automatically, or is it manual. I want to sync from my desktop gmail calendar to the bb.
    02-13-09 07:43 AM
    I have downloaded the sync program to my bb, but how do I make it sync. Does it sync automatically, or is it manual. I want to sync from my desktop gmail calendar to the bb.
    Configure the options for Google Sync in the app and then it will do it automatically. It's great...can also sync your contacts if you tell it to.
    02-13-09 07:44 AM
    It syncs automatically assuming you haven't changed the default settings.

You can also manually force a sync by opening the program from your Downloads folder.

Or you can open your BB calendar, hit the menu key, and scroll to the very top of the menu to force a sync.

I don't believe there's anything you can do from the computer gmail calendar to force a sync.

I second the syncinc of contacts too. Great way to back up your contacts! I just remember to export a .CSV file every month to keep a log in case a mistake occurs.
    02-13-09 08:10 AM
    beware if your blackberry is on a company BES, if they have encyption enabled, it causes issues with the calendar events created in Gmail, since the device is encrypted while locked. Your calendar events will come up as "content protection is enabled" just an FYI.

I had a few users complain about this to me. We are not about to disable encryption. All shall love me and despair...
    02-13-09 08:14 AM
    There is a list of applications someplace on this forum, and in it there is a link to the sync page for gmail calendar. I don't remember the title but that is how I found it.

I think it works pretty well, I haven't seen it cause any problems, but then again I don't think I have any encryption enabled.
    02-13-09 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD