hi i was wondering if there is anyway to sync gmail calender with the phone also the contact list thank you!
    12-09-08 08:16 PM
    Download Google Sync
    12-09-08 08:22 PM
    Yep, Google sync works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 08:24 PM
    12-09-08 08:25 PM
    Google Sync is AMAZING!
    12-09-08 09:19 PM

Can I use the google sync (gmail) just for the calendar only and my other e-mail address for addresses and e-mails?
    12-09-08 09:37 PM
    Just be wary of the contacts sync if you are using OS version 4.5.

SYNC ANNOUNCEMENT: BlackBerry OS 4.5 users please disable contact sync - Google Mobile Help
    12-10-08 08:29 AM

Crucial - have you heard of anyone being able to sync multiple calendars?

THANKS for all you add to this forum!
    12-10-08 11:20 AM
    So I read on the Google support forums that Google Sync 0.5.12 was working on BB OS 4.5 for some folks, so I took the plunge yesterday and enabled contacts sync on mine. I first went into gmail and deleted the few contacts in there to make sure there wasn't any confusion (I don't use gmail, just have the account for iGoogle and news and such) and let it fly. So far as I can tell it worked without a hitch. Every e-mail address as listed in gmail is categorized as "other" but since the BB doesn't support categories for multiple addresses that makes sense. I haven't experimented yet with assigning categories in gmail and re-syncing to see if that screws anything up.

Calendar sync has always worked fine for me, with the usual oddness for all-day events (time zones wrapping the day into previous day, and so on).

The only reason I wanted this to work is all cell phones/BBs are banned where I work, and I wanted a quick way to be able to look someone up or check my personal calendar when I didn't have my Berry to hand.

HTH
    12-11-08 06:28 AM
    Crucial - have you heard of anyone being able to sync multiple calendars?

THANKS for all you add to this forum!
    Last check sync was only available for the primary calendar.
    12-11-08 07:53 AM
    Are you guys able to get gsync to work on a Storm? Everytime I try it fails and says "sync failed Please try again later, if the problem persists try signing out of sync and signing in again". It does appear to have synced the contacts though?
    12-11-08 07:59 AM
    Last check sync was only available for the primary calendar.
    You can sync other GCAL calendars. Just goto options, click your calendar and then you will see any calendars there that you share on CGAL.
    12-11-08 08:32 AM
    My "All Day" appointments now have times after google sync. They all start at 12am. Is there a setting to get those all day appointments to sync as all day appointments rather than midnight apppointments?
    12-31-08 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD