so is there an app out which allows me to sync my google calendar with my phone, besides google sync?

you help is very much appreciated!
    05-26-09 08:09 AM
    Mobile or via PC?
    05-26-09 08:15 AM
    Mobile or via PC?
    mobile would be best
    05-26-09 08:17 AM
    Google Sync will allow you to sync your calendar and contacts with Google OTA. You can also download Google Sync OTA by searching Google for "Sync" I believe, or from this link:

google . com / mobile / default / sync . html
    05-26-09 08:25 AM
    so is there an app out which allows me to sync my google calendar with my phone, besides google sync?

you help is very much appreciated!
    Why do you not want to use google sync?
    05-26-09 08:26 AM
    i know about google sync, but i don't like it that much, i had in the last time some problems with it and so i wanna know if there's an other app out.

thanks though
    05-26-09 08:29 AM
    i know about google sync, but i don't like it that much, i had in the last time some problems with it and so i wanna know if there's an other app out.

thanks though
    You are looking for an app to perform the exact same and very simple function as Google Sync that -isn't- Google Sync. Initially I misunderstood. Sorry about my post.

I do not know of such an app. The best app for this procedure, presently at least, is the app you don't like. It works very well for me and for most people so far as I can tell.

Good luck.
    05-26-09 08:32 AM

thanks though
    I've never had any problems with it, unless you are trying to sync too many calendars or you have the new facebook installed. Facebook gives the most problem IMO.

You may want to try it out again, or you could sync your outlook/thunderbird/evolution/etc with google calendar then sync your blackberry with any of those programs.
    05-26-09 08:33 AM
    fitch220: what app / extensions are needed to sync calendar and/or contacts with Thunderbird? I have not figured that procedure out myself, but it would really help me fix a situation for my father. He's a Thunderbird fan but his work wants him to use Outlook, and I don't see any reason why he should unless we can't sync his contacts with their LDAP, both on Thunderbird and his 9530.
    05-26-09 08:36 AM
    I've never had any problems with it, unless you are trying to sync too many calendars or you have the new facebook installed. Facebook gives the most problem IMO.

You may want to try it out again, or you could sync your outlook/thunderbird/evolution/etc with google calendar then sync your blackberry with any of those programs.

google sync is really a nice program but since a while it always resets my alarms to none or when i put a recurrence in, it only keeps the first and erases the following entries. - when i use my phone to make these entries

it's so annoying!
    i tried everything, i also reinstalled it, but no luck.

so any app which also syncs the calendar ota would be a bless.
    05-26-09 08:51 AM
    google sync is really a nice program but since a while it always resets my alarms to none or when i put a recurrence in, it only keeps the first and erases the following entries. - when i use my phone to make these entries

it's so annoying!
    i tried everything, i also reinstalled it, but no luck.

so any app which also syncs the calendar ota would be a bless.
    Mine was rearranging calendar entries too. It was also changing my contacts' information around. Uber annoying.

I hate syncing through my laptop, and like stated above, Google sync is terrible. My iTouch let's me use Google's calender through the MS exchange server option and it auto-updates through IMAP.

I just use that for my appointments now. Kinda sucks how I have to have both with me tall times, but that's what it takes until this question is resolved...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD