Hi!

Livin in Germany Ive got the new Storm running on vodafone. Id like to sync that with my macbook (the black one and NOT the new aluminium edition). Unfortunately it didnt work out - I tried the software pocketmac. In another forum I found some hints of "PocketMacAnne", which can be found at the official bb forum. She recommends the drivers for pocketmac.

But where the **** can I download the pocketmac drivers? On the bb download site there is only the "pocketmac v4.1" version available which does NOT work.

I really relly would appreciate ANY kind of help - pleeeease!

Best regards & cheers
    Peterli
    11-22-08 01:44 PM
    There are no Mac drivers right now. PocketMac I'm sure is working on it non stop to get up to speed. Missing Sync does work though. Check that out.
    11-22-08 01:45 PM
    you can also download Parallels and get a copy of windows and run Blackberry Desktop Manager naitively, if thats your cup of tea
    11-22-08 01:58 PM
    thx so far...

Is SOMEONE out there, who already synced their bb with a mac - without parallels, cause Ive got no windows here...

C'mon - dont let me down...

Best regards
    Peterli
    11-22-08 02:02 PM
    I was able to sync ONE contact with PocketMac. It never finished the job.
    11-22-08 02:11 PM
    if its really that important to sync your things to your computer, you could just go ahead and buy Missing Sync which is i believe either 30 or 50 dollars. check it out MarkSpace.com, if you don't want to pay and can hold out until pocketmac comes out with a newer version for the storm, which i deduse will be in a few weeks if not sooner. And you can use PocketMac to hold you over until Blackberry Releases Desktop Manager for the storm in the 1st quarter of 2009. Those are pretty much your options if you don't want to run windows on parallels. You could also buy the program CrossOver, which lets you natively run .exe files on your mac without a copy of windows by emulating them using the installed Wine List of files. But i haven't tested that out yet in terms of using it with Desktop Manager from blackberry.
    11-22-08 02:17 PM
    If you need to sync urgently then get to a PC and install Desktop Manager. You can get it from here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22. Get v4.7 with no media manager (cuz it's smaller).

This will do the job perfectly and for free.
    11-22-08 02:22 PM
    Missing Sync works. $40.00. Cheaper than buying windows and installing it on our precious MACs!
    11-22-08 02:23 PM
    what i did with my storm and macbook pro combo is enabled mass storage option and connected my storm to my mac and from there i was able to manage my memory card like a hard drive....so....drag and drop any files you want onto your memory card and then you're up and ready to go!

also as for synching yeah...those apps already mentioned are probably the way to go. but if you have a gmail account and gcalander i would suggest getting google's new two-way blackberry synch @ google.com/mobile/blackberry/sync.html works splendidly, and i was able to get all my contacts onto my storm and into my gmail account contacts.

hope that helps!

ps. first post on crackberry, first blackberry, starting with the storm and LOVING IT!!!!!

11-22-08 02:24 PM
    if its really that important to sync your things to your computer, you could just go ahead and buy Missing Sync which is i believe either 30 or 50 dollars. check it out MarkSpace.com, if you don't want to pay and can hold out until pocketmac comes out with a newer version for the storm, which i deduse will be in a few weeks if not sooner. And you can use PocketMac to hold you over until Blackberry Releases Desktop Manager for the storm in the 1st quarter of 2009. Those are pretty much your options if you don't want to run windows on parallels. You could also buy the program CrossOver, which lets you natively run .exe files on your mac without a copy of windows by emulating them using the installed Wine List of files. But i haven't tested that out yet in terms of using it with Desktop Manager from blackberry.
    HEy great - thx so far to all! Do you mean a desktop manager for mac which will be released in 1st qurt 09 by Blackberry?

I think Ill go for option 4 - meaning to just downoad missing sync; a 14 day trial version. But to get at least all my contacts on the storm for the 1st time...
    Last edited by DSLworscht; 11-22-08 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Option 4
    11-22-08 02:36 PM
    HEy great - thx so far to all! Do you mean a desktop manager for mac which will be released in 1st qurt 09 by Blackberry?

I think Ill go for option 4 - meaning to just downoad missing sync; a 14 day trial version. But to get at least all my contacts on the storm for the 1st time...
    yes, by RIM, they have been working on it for awhile, there are some screenshots floating around if you give a good ole search to MAC USERS section of the forums.
    11-22-08 02:57 PM
    Make sure you go to Options > Memory and set "Auto Enable Mass Storage Device When Connected" to prompt. Otherwise the Mac won't connect.

Then you simply tell it to connect with out asking again by clicking the "Don't ask me again" button when it prompts.

You'll then see the Blackberry in the Finder. You can then drag and drop right to the device or media card.
    11-22-08 03:16 PM
    Okay, heres the result: it ****in' WORKS!!! Just a few clicks and all my contacts, etc. are on the bb storm!
    11-22-08 03:30 PM
    AWESOME thread, thank you so much.

Did the Options > Memory > Set Auto Enable and am now moving files to the BB.

This forum is amazing!
    11-22-08 03:35 PM
    AWESOME thread, thank you so much.

Did the Options > Memory > Set Auto Enable and am now moving files to the BB.

This forum is amazing!
    Tried that too and succeeded, but I couldnt go for some pics - I put them in the file "pictures". Anyone any solution?
    11-22-08 03:41 PM
    Tried that too and succeeded, but I couldnt go for some pics - I put them in the file "pictures". Anyone any solution?
    You won't see them on the phone until you disconnect it from the Mac. Then they appear and a magic thumbs data file appears also
    11-22-08 04:11 PM
    into what folder are u dragging and dropping you contacts onto on your blackberry storm memory card?
    11-23-08 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD