Hi everyone,

I've been noticing a bunch of people have had questions related to different symbols that come up on their screens that they don't know what they are/how to rectify them. Anyone else think maybe we should make a comprehensive thread of all those symbols in one place so it's easy to figure out what's going on when one of them pops up?
    02-18-10 09:20 AM
    Hi everyone,

I've been noticing a bunch of people have had questions related to different symbols that come up on their screens that they don't know what they are/how to rectify them. Anyone else think maybe we should make a comprehensive thread of all those symbols in one place so it's easy to figure out what's going on when one of them pops up?
    tag - you're it

when someone replies to the thread with a new symbol, it would help if you could edit your post to include the symbol so that people don't have to read through multiple pages to find that odd one they can't identify.

To start, here are some from the Storm 1 user's manual. Notice that the manual's icon for voice mail is different form what's actually on the phone for a voice mail indicator ( o_o )

02-18-10 11:55 AM
    tag - you're it

when someone replies to the thread with a new symbol, it would help if you could edit your post to include the symbol so that people don't have to read through multiple pages to find that odd one they can't identify.

To start, here are some from the Storm 1 user's manual. Notice that the manual's icon for voice mail is different form what's actually on the phone for a voice mail indicator ( o_o )

Please note, 1XEV = 3G with those on Verizon (unless your hybrid OS does otherwise). With Vodaphone and others, you will get 3G. AT&T/TMobile users will only get EDGE when using the storm.
    02-18-10 11:59 AM
    There are some repeats here, but there's a few new ones.

Last edited by ridesno159; 04-12-10 at 05:11 PM.
    02-18-10 12:51 PM
    Please note, 1XEV = 3G with those on Verizon
    the subtle difference (that AT&T commercials like to point out ) is that when the phone shows you 3G, you can do simultaneous voice and data. When it shows 1XEV (such as on Verizon), you can not.
    02-19-10 08:24 AM
    bump, with two more icons

03-27-10 09:15 AM
    bump, with two more icons

Is it possible to deactivate those above icons
    when i go in advance options then gps - you can select one or the other but no option for GPS Services deactivate
    04-04-10 10:45 AM
    Is it possible to deactivate those above icons
    when i go in advance options then gps - you can select one or the other but no option for GPS Services deactivate
    You can set it to E911 only which means that your active location will not be found except if you were making an emergency call. You can't entirely turn it off though.
    04-04-10 10:52 AM
    My GPS is on, but I don't see those icons
    04-04-10 07:59 PM
    My GPS is on, but I don't see those icons
    It should be on your main screen, below the signal indicator. Are you using a theme?
    04-04-10 08:07 PM
    the GPS icons will only be seen on CDMA phones... GSM phones will not display the GPS symbols ( as far as i know... i have never seen them on ANY of my GSM BBs)...
    04-04-10 08:58 PM
    the GPS icons will only be seen on CDMA phones... GSM phones will not display the GPS symbols ( as far as i know... i have never seen them on ANY of my GSM BBs)...
    I have the GPS symbols on my Storm1's screen. On GSM sim -and Trigcom (via Netcom)network, in Norway. ;-)
    Last edited by RonnyO; 04-06-10 at 12:17 PM. Reason: added info..
    04-06-10 12:03 PM
    I have a BB 8530, a sybmol on my phone just appeared and it's not listed on here. It looks like a phone and it has an arrow with a left angle (I thought it was a four but its an arrow) next to it. Almost like I'm making a call but I'm not and the call symbol is a phone with a straight arrow. I've taken the battery out and it still hasn't went away. Any ideas?
    04-12-10 04:55 PM
    Its a phone with an arrow? Is the phone a specific color? Are you sure its not an app world update as seen above?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 06:16 PM
    Thanks, that is what I need!
    04-13-10 06:47 AM
    Its a phone with an arrow? Is the phone a specific color? Are you sure its not an app world update as seen above?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I actually figured it out. It was a yellow phone with an arrow. After repeating to myself, "A phone with an arrow pointing forward/backward," it occured to me that it may be call forwarding. And it was. Not sure how I turned that on but when I turned it off, it went away. Don't know how to post a symbol for it like you all did above. Thanks for trying to help!!!
    04-13-10 11:03 AM
    Most of these are scans from manuals, but there are some screen shot programs for BB. It used to be capture it but not sure if that is still it.
    04-13-10 11:08 AM
    I have the blackberry storm form verizon and i have a symbol en in the right hand corner when i tex email or mms or im what does it mean and how do u get rid of it
    06-15-10 08:35 PM
    What is a browser push message? I think I have one.
    06-15-10 08:40 PM
    I have the blackberry storm form verizon and i have a symbol en in the right hand corner when i tex email or mms or im what does it mean and how do u get rid of it
    it means English

go to options -> Language and Text Input, change the Launguage ID option to hide
    06-16-10 05:37 PM
    I don't know. The only way I've ever been able to get that icon to show up is from the browser, menu key, Save page, then go into messages folder highlight the saved page entry and menu key, Mark Unopened.
    06-16-10 05:39 PM
    Did you try to access a website when you might have been in a low service area? That is the only time I have gotten one, like informing you the website you wanted is now open.
    06-17-10 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD