Hi i currently have a Storm 9550 with Bell (Canada) and my friend is selling his Bold 9700 with Bell as well. I was wondering if its possible that once i switch sim cards and put in the unlock code could i alternate between phones (I.e switch them up every week) or would i have to put the ESN code in every time?
    08-21-10 03:36 PM
    Because the two phones access two different networks (the 9550 is on the CDMA network while the 9700 is on the HSPA network), it's not that going to be that easy to swap. Your best bet would be to contact Bell to see if they have a suggestion on how you could do this. If both phones accessed Bell's HSPA network, then swapping SIMs would work fine, but when you put a CDMA phone into the mix, it's a bit more complicated.

But the good news with the 9700 is that if it's a Bell branded 9700, it actually doesn't need to be unlocked. It would only need to be unlocked if you were taking it to a different carrier.

I hope this info helps you understand things a little bit.
    08-21-10 04:54 PM
    Thanks a lot! I was going to go into bell tomorrow anyways i was just wondering if anyone knew anything about it.
    08-21-10 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD