When carrying my Storm in a universal pouch (Maxpedition Cellphone Pouch) that I have installed magnets from another Blackberry pouch, it sometimes will switch by itself to the Vibrate Only mode. This is while the unit is "sleeping" with the screen locked.

Has anyone experienced this? It's an adjustable pouch that I use on my duty belt (law enforcement). When it happens it starts to vibrate momentarily.
    01-15-09 09:44 PM
    In each individual notification profile (High, low, vibrate, silent, etc,...) there are two setting for each incoming item that it is notifying you of (sms, mms, browser messages,...) Each one of those items has a setting for both in holster and out of holster. For example you may have your silent profile set to make no noise of any kind for an incoming sms message when it is out of the holster, but at the same time under the same profile (silent) you may have it set to vibrate if it is in the holster. That is the dual function of the magnets in your holster. They make your screen go blank when you holster your device but they also activate a different notification setting for each incoming item within each profile.

I hope that helps.
    01-15-09 09:51 PM
    It has nothing to do with the profile settings. It will intermittently switch from the Normal profile to the Vibrate Only profile while sitting in the holster. When I feel the vibration (some notifications are set in my profile to do this) and I retrieve the Storm from the holster there are no new messages, SMS, etc., and the icon itself show's that it is in Vibrate Only when originally in Normal. It's not automatic when I holster it. It happens at least once a day when in the particular holster. When I carry it in the normal Blackberry pouch it does not happen.

Being that this seems to be holster specific, could flexing the housing of the Storm cause this?
    Last edited by Glenn668; 01-15-09 at 10:34 PM.
    01-15-09 10:32 PM
    I just checked some other threads and apparently this is a known bug with the storm so check some of the other threads. I don't have a storm myself or I would troubleshoot but I hope someone gets if figured out for you
    01-15-09 11:34 PM
    Thanks. I did a search before posting but couldn't find anything.
    01-16-09 12:13 AM
    holding down the mute button while the phone is locked changes your sound profile to vibrate only. hold it again and it goes back to normal. maybe you're hitting the mute button without even knowing it, for example if it's in your pocket. i've done that a myself before
    01-16-09 01:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD