I'm getting mixed responses here, if i buy a Telus 9550 from someone private, unlock it, can i activate it on the Bell mobility network and have all services from Bell? Wondering since they are both CDMA. Cause i've seen all these threads titled how to make your BB work on another carrier, and it says you gotta unlock it and get the service books and then its all a go. But then i was told you cant because of CDMA. Some law. I think thats ridiculous if thats true. But i just wanna know for sure.

K nvm this post. I found info on this. Now take this a different way. Who the **** decided to make CDMA like this? THat is a stupid *** law or rule they have made IMO.
    Last edited by ilovebobbarker; 04-14-10 at 10:53 PM.
    04-14-10 10:42 PM
    You can only unlock the GSM portion of the 9550, not the CDMA portion. So you cannot use an unlocked Telus 9550 on Bell.
    04-14-10 11:07 PM
    Bell carries the storm 2 now. Also the Storm GSM portion will only work with Rogers or Fido on a 2G network.
    04-15-10 01:10 AM
    Like thymaster said, you need an EDGE network. Now, if you're wanting to get off Telus, you might as well take the unlocked phone and use it on FIDO, which is cheaper than Rogers. That is unless you're being offered some sweet deal on Bell.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 01:21 AM
    Masahiro, how is Fido cheaper than Rogers? They're owned by Rogers.
    04-15-10 09:48 AM
    No ya i understood that. I'm not on Telus. I'm on bell, but our bell isn't getting the Storm 2 for another month. They didn't get shipped any Storm 2's for release date. I was just wondering if you could buy a Telus phone, unlock it, and activate it on Bell. But then right after i posted the first time i found my answer n changed my question to, who the **** decided to make that dumb *** rule with CDMA?
    04-15-10 08:52 PM
    The storm2 was launched earlier this week with Bell so just buy it from them. Costs $549.95 without a contract
    04-15-10 09:13 PM
    Like i said, its not released here. Didn't get shipped to us. I went in today, they still don't have it. They said they expect to get them at the end of the month...
    04-15-10 09:14 PM
    what city are you in??? Cause I know all the nw calgary locations got over 5 each and most didnt even sell one so far
    04-15-10 09:28 PM
    Lethbridge, we just got them friday morning.
    04-18-10 02:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD