I have just had a new storm delivered as my old one just died....

I managed to copy the device mem onto my pc and was wondering which is the best way to get my contacts back, if pos from that info??

Also do i have to get all my BB pin contacts for the Messenger again or is there a way to get them back??

AAAAAAHHHHHHH
    05-29-09 10:58 AM
    If you have a backup from the old storm just restore that backup to the new one and it will restore all of your contacts, etc.
    05-29-09 11:00 AM
    i am a newbie and didnt realise the difference between a back up and copying device memory
    i have only copied the device memory via my computer and not completed an official back up
    with that in mind does this copy of device memory have any contact details etc that i can extract?...please say yes!
    05-29-09 12:10 PM
    HI

Also available is the BB desktop manager which can be loaded onto your PC desktop. When you connect your BB via a USB cable your PC it will recognize the device as an external device.

There is synch feature that will back up all of your contacts to MS Outlook. If you ever lose your contacts just restore them via the DTM as an alternative. The address info on BB emulats the MS Outlook address info very well. So if you have PINs recorded on your BB it should be able to transfer it as an IM entry. You can also record it on outlook under notes so you dont lose it. Hope this helps also.
    05-29-09 12:45 PM
    I am not sure about whether the option you chose has the contacts stored..

you should always run a full backup of your device.

are you able to still connect your old storm and run a backup?
    05-29-09 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD