Hi everyone:

I am thinking about switching from a 8330 Curve to a Storm this week. I have no problems with the curve and understand that it is a preference when it comes to the keyboard.

My concern is the operation of the Storm. I have read a few things with regards to the performance of the Storm and its opereating system.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated - good or bad.

Thanks in advance.
    08-16-09 08:41 AM
    I wasn't really down for the whole touch screen thing. I played with my fiancee's Storm for awhile and needless to I have one now too. Selecting to copy and paste is alot different. My Storm is everything I come to expect from Blackberry. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Well, maybe the Storm 2 when it comes out. Every phone has it's good and bad.
    Last edited by blkbryadict; 08-16-09 at 09:17 AM.
    08-16-09 09:15 AM
    I went for the Storm after having reception problems with my Curve 8330. I was told by the stor rep that the Curve was the better for business applications and that if you wanted all the new bells and whistles that would be the Storm - (but if I couldn't get calls whats the point) so I asked to try the Storm. Got better reception right away! Screen is beautiful and once you acclimate to the keyboard you'll never go back. My wife still has her 8330 and I find myself trying to click the screen on it all the time when she needs help - lol
    In any case, if you're still within your 30 days, you can test drive it and see for yourself - I'm glad I did (and love it more now with the hybrid .151 on it) - good luck!
    08-16-09 09:56 AM
    I didn't have anything wrong with my Curve 8330, either, but the Storm was being offered at a great price, and I was eligible to upgrade, so I did it. I've had it for about 3 weeks now and I really do love it. It's still kinda hard to get used to texting on the touch screen, but I'm sure I'll get quicker in time! I love the large screen and that you can turn it from portrait to landscape. Good luck!
    08-16-09 11:06 AM
    I have an unlocked Storm on AT&T. Besides the radio issues that come with my unlocking it and use it on AT&T it is a good device. It will takes some time to get used to the touchscreen though. It is way different then any other touchscreen out there. I have had my storm for quite a while, but still can't type as fast as I could with my curve. I am constantly waiting for the screen to pop back up before I can press it down again.
    08-16-09 05:23 PM
    The storm and curve are like night and day. The web is still slow(bolt works pretty well) but seems a little faster. I love the touch screen. I didn't at first, I thought it took too much effort to press compared to a keys. But I can still type pretty fast. When just maneuvering through the phone I think the curve is a faster, not only does it just work faster, but when your ball is set to 100 you don't have to move very far as opposed to clicking all around the screen. The screen resolution is great, the picture rocks! Takes great pics too. I get a day out of a battery when I learned it will survive OUTSIDE of my hand. Haha. I absolutely love the phone, its everything for me. I've never had any issues I couldn't fix, and now that have Lyric's hybrid it is almost solid as my old curve. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 08:01 PM
    I wasn't really down for the whole touch screen thing. I played with my fiancee's Storm for awhile and needless to I have one now too. Selecting to copy and paste is alot different. My Storm is everything I come to expect from Blackberry. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Well, maybe the Storm 2 when it comes out. Every phone has it's good and bad.
    My fiancee had the Omnia and she didnt care for it,so i got the hand me down which (for those that dont know it is also a touch screen with moblie windows OS) i tried and didnt care for the phone period.So we upgraded to the Pearl and curve.she didnt care for the Pearl,but Fell in love with the curve,and then she got a promotion at her job(Data tech at a verizon call center) and she got the Storm as her work phone.I tried it and and ended upgrading to a Storm myself.Needless to say we couldnt go with out it or would only trade for Storm 2 also.
    08-17-09 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD