Apparently the English language lost 13 letters somewhere in the storm's development:

And as a bonus, the letters it shows are the only ones you can type. SWEEEEEEET
    11-26-08 07:40 PM
    Nice! I got the landscape version this afternoon! No camera with me though... (other than my malfunctioning Storm)
    11-26-08 07:43 PM
    lol!! that's funny
    11-26-08 07:44 PM
    What did the landscape version look like?
    11-26-08 07:45 PM
    HAHAHAHAHAHA
    Man I hope they get this phone sorted out soon, I have a love-hate relationship with mine at this point. I have had a lot of different issues but so far that keyboard is one I never had.
    11-26-08 07:47 PM
    I hope RIM is checking these forums for bug reporting. They should have just done what google did and throw a BETA label on the storm so we knew what we were getting into. oh, and giving them away for free to the beta testers (every poor sap that waited in line to pay 200-500$) instead of charging them. Just an address to send bug reports to would make me feel better.
    11-26-08 07:52 PM
    This is the funniest thing I've seen all day. Just when you didn't think it could get any worse.

My phone is just rebooting itself at random times . I don't even have to be using it. It could just be sitting there.
    11-26-08 08:08 PM
    This is becoming a very sad situation. I couldn't even imagine having a phone with so many problems.
    11-26-08 08:28 PM
    Apparently the English language lost 13 letters somewhere in the storm's development:

And as a bonus, the letters it shows are the only ones you can type. SWEEEEEEET
    Ha, that pretty cool. Skips every other letter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 08:32 PM
    I hope RIM is checking these forums for bug reporting. They should have just done what google did and throw a BETA label on the storm so we knew what we were getting into. oh, and giving them away for free to the beta testers (every poor sap that waited in line to pay 200-500$) instead of charging them. Just an address to send bug reports to would make me feel better.
    +1

Does anyone know of a feedback mechanism to relay bugs, errors, & problems to either RIM or VZW? Anything other than 611.

Venting on this forum only helps to a certain extent.
    11-26-08 08:34 PM
    I know wading through hours of tech support to getting to RIM tech support might work. But things like this, that are fixed with a battery pull, are never going to make it there. Maybe Crucial has some way to relay these bugs.
    11-26-08 08:37 PM
    Hahahaha wtf? That is just plain crazy. I'm feeling for a lot of you right now. Damn.

11-26-08 08:53 PM
    Hahahaha wtf? That is just plain crazy. I'm feeling for a lot of you right now. Damn.

your avitar is hilarious
    11-26-08 09:07 PM
    Geez, what's the deal with the new keyboard. Spent 5 minutes with the new Storm and I wish I could say I was blown away and just have to have it. But, I have to admit my 8330 seems so much easier to use. Perhaps more time with it would help but coming from the Q phone to the Curve 8330 was so natural/easy. This is another story.
    11-26-08 09:15 PM
    Or maybe since Verizon is "The Network", they should've not rushed it and held off on releasing the device until they were given a more stable build.....
    11-26-08 09:16 PM
    Or maybe since Verizon is "The Network", they should've not rushed it and held off on releasing the device until they were given a more stable build.....
    Yep. Not RIMs fault. Verizon is trying to play catchup with good devices and they are shooting themselves in the foot with this.

11-26-08 09:20 PM
    Yep. Not RIMs fault. Verizon is trying to play catchup with good devices and they are shooting themselves in the foot with this.

I agree to a point. Theres not one party solely responsible, but one is to blame more than others. Which one? Well, the manufacturer doesn't decide to release the device to market.
    11-26-08 10:07 PM
    I agree to a point. Theres not one party solely responsible, but one is to blame more than others. Which one? Well, the manufacturer doesn't decide to release the device to market.
    Exactly. That's why it is Verizons fault.

11-26-08 10:14 PM
    Yeah I don't really understand the rush to market. Did Verizon underestimate how many problems people would have with the phone? The phone is getting terrible press from everywhere and will probably hurt sales in the long run. Delaying the launch by a month or so may have been annoying to some, but it would have been much more well received if it were relatively bug free.
    11-26-08 10:15 PM
    Yeah I don't really understand the rush to market. Did Verizon underestimate how many problems people would have with the phone? The phone is getting terrible press from everywhere and will probably hurt sales in the long run. Delaying the launch by a month or so may have been annoying to some, but it would have been much more well received if it were relatively bug free.

No Verizon was well aware of the problems with the device. They started testing it months before it was released. No, they didn't care about the customers, they just wanted to hurry up and release it and make some money.
    11-26-08 10:17 PM
    That keyboard popped up last night on mine too. I was playing multiplayer word mole and I pulled up the keyboard to chat and that is what I got!! Ghey
    11-26-08 10:20 PM
    No Verizon was well aware of the problems with the device. They started testing it months before it was released. No, they didn't care about the customers, they just wanted to hurry up and release it and make some money.
    Long-term, do you think launching the phone early with bugs will hurt sales? From a common sense standpoint it seems like delaying the launch until the bugs were worked out would have been the better option. The phone is getting terrible press now, but if they waited, it potentially could have gotten great press. But Verizon is not stupid, and I doubt it's that cut and dry, so I'm sure they did it for a reason.
    11-26-08 10:23 PM
    Long-term, do you think launching the phone early with bugs will hurt sales? From a common sense standpoint it seems like delaying the launch until the bugs were worked out would have been the better option. The phone is getting terrible press now, but if they waited, it potentially could have gotten great press. But Verizon is not stupid, and I doubt it's that cut and dry, so I'm sure they did it for a reason.
    Oh no, it's that cut and dry. There is no other explanation. If anyone thinks Verizon wasn't well aware of the issues with the Storm, they're crazy. Time equals money. A delay would cost them money. Personally, I don't know what they were thinking. They couldn't have thought reviewers weren't going to be honest, and give a honest review. They didn't care. The condition of the device says that loud and clear....
    11-26-08 10:30 PM
    Oh no, it's that cut and dry. There is no other explanation. If anyone thinks Verizon wasn't well aware of the issues with the Storm, they're crazy. Time equals money. A delay would cost them money. Personally, I don't know what they were thinking. They couldn't have thought reviewers weren't going to be honest, and give a honest review. They didn't care. The condition of the device says that loud and clear....

CX . . how many of the issues you have seen on the forum will realistically be fixed in a near future release? I know you can't give specifics but I am just wondering if we are waiting for the silver bullet that will not come in the next release.
    11-26-08 10:33 PM
    If they did delay it, it definitely would have sucked, but I think it would have been well worrth the wait. I was one of the first people to purchase the Q when it came out. That phone was terrible. I lost track of how many I had to replace. I took the BB plunge with the Curve a few months ago and realized BB was the way. This Storm is a great phone, but I hold both VZ and RIM accountable for its flaws. Its expected with some new like this. I think it will all work out for the better though. Bugs will be bugs, but seeing as how my bill is $200+ a month for 2 phones, I expect them too.

11-26-08 10:41 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD