I relocated this Vodaphone card from my Storm2 to my Tour 9630 as well as the SD card. No change.

So I see that I need to contact Verizon or go online to swap these phone's services. After having this Storm 2 since it's release, I have come to the decision that it is a piece of junk.

My question is this, do I need to re-swap the vodaphone card back before I contact Verizon?

...and does anybody want to buy this Storm 2? :-)

Best, Stowy
    06-15-10 08:29 AM
    I ended up just changing out the card back to how it was. Calling Verizon... Let me know if anybody wants to buy this Storm2. I will be listing on EBAY soon...
    06-15-10 08:44 AM
    Verizon is strictly CDMA, they do not use SIM cards. It doesn't matter what card you put in it, Verizon doesn't use them on their network, so it won't even try to recognize it.

It is very easy to switch phones on Verizon's network (all things considered), as you can do so online or via calling *228 (option 3, I believe?). I just saw a thread on here yesterday of someone wanting to purchase a used S2, not sure if it was answered or not.
    06-15-10 10:11 AM
    I have decided to give the phone another chance. Upon talking to Verizon, they stated the problem is not the latest OS update, it is the fact that I have hundreds of pictures and videos stored on the phone and not the SD card. They told me to relocate these and see if my Storm2 lockups go away.
    06-16-10 08:01 AM
    I have decided to give the phone another chance. Upon talking to Verizon, they stated the problem is not the latest OS update, it is the fact that I have hundreds of pictures and videos stored on the phone and not the SD card. They told me to relocate these and see if my Storm2 lockups go away.
    its not the os, i used it, went to a hybrid then back to .607, yesterday after heavy usage still had 50% 15 hours later, so i would check and see if you have apps that you dont use that may be causing battery drain, also i would hit the blackberry button and exit the app that way, so an app isnt running in the background when u dont want it too
    06-16-10 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD