My Storm just slipped out of my hand as I was going to read a new message. I tried to catch it as it was falling and ended up smacking it instead. Luckily I am sitting at my desk at home and there is carpeting, though it did bounce off my subwoofer. As I picked it off the ground I imagined a nice big divot taken out of the screen.

Looks like it's fine though.
    12-19-08 08:58 AM
    Got up from bed yesterday morning, picked up my storm, stretched, and dropped it from above my head. It's OK but I can't do that again.
    12-19-08 09:02 AM
    <shuddering at the prospect>
    12-19-08 09:04 AM
    OMG! Last night I was at my sons b-ball game, sitting on the top row of the bleachers and my phone dropped behind them onto the phone when I grabbed my jacket!! I thought I was going to die! To my surprise, there was nothing wrong with it at all. I have a basic skin cover on it, I think that totally protected it. I am sooo glad it was ok!
    12-19-08 09:40 AM
    Getting out of my truck last night, had the phone in my lap. Got ot, heard phone smack the concrete driveway. Got a few small scratches on one corner. Everything still works.
    12-19-08 09:44 AM
    I'm trying to baby mine, I've dropped previous ****tier phones alot. My main thing is like Adontain's, I'll forget I have it on my lap and stand up. Atleast I have insurance tho, but sucks there is a 50 dollar copay.
    12-19-08 09:53 AM
    Had mine slip off my lap getting out of car as well.... Luckily I have a nice hard case around it, I can just imagine it shattering into 4 or 5 pieces....
    12-19-08 09:57 AM
    Had my storm on my lap while driving. Got out and it fell into the snow. Everything working fine, not even a scratch. Snow is good for something.
    12-19-08 10:04 AM
    Had mine on the dashboard, trying to not be late to work and get through the traffic lights that are 3 minutes each. A woman decides that the 30 MPH speed limit is way too liberal and does half that in front of me. Just before I am about to get around her she hits the brakes to go into the row of stores on the right. The Storm makes a horrendous skidding sound as it cruises toward the passenger side and falls onto the floor where all my tools were.
    By some twist of fate it only hit the carpet and rubber mat, but she definitely got to learn about her bonehead move, from the open passenger-side window of a speeding car.
    Last edited by wouldya; 12-19-08 at 03:44 PM.
    12-19-08 10:16 AM
    Accidentally chained mine to a team of horses for 7 laps around a track. Seems okay tho. Smells of manure a bit.
    12-19-08 11:28 AM
    It's weird... I never dropped my original Storm once, but I've been so clumsy with my replacement that's 100000 times better than the original. I've dropped it twice but only on carpet. NBD
    12-19-08 11:31 AM
    Getting out of my truck last night, had the phone in my lap. Got ot, heard phone smack the concrete driveway. Got a few small scratches on one corner. Everything still works.

+1

I dropped many of my older non-smartphones in the same exact way. fortunately this storm is A LOT heavier than the phones im used to. if its sitting im my lap, i KNOW its there. if i had a bold or iphone, then i would probably drop them easier. had my storm since day 2 of release and havent dropped it once yet. thats saying a lot for me as my old phones look like they've been through a blender.
    12-19-08 11:40 AM
    I'm amazed that bb's are much tougher than they seem.

But I'm not about to go out and put it to the test.
    12-19-08 06:58 PM
    PIC or it didn't happen lol
    12-19-08 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD