I just had an interesting conversation, OK arguement with Verizons customer we dont care department! For anyone who has been getting replacement phones sent out and being billed the cost of the phone until they get the replacement back, SURPRISE what they dont tell you is that it can take up to 3 billing cycles to reflect the credit, what a bunch of BS. I have never been late on a payment and now because of a policy that was never explained when they so graciously offered to send out a phone overnight I am considered "Past Due" even though I returned the phone long before last months billing cycle ended. The CSR explained that to avoid that the phone bill is due and when they get around to it they will issue a credit sometime in the next 3 cycles. Does anyone else have an issue with Verizon using your money like this, unless they want to start paying me interest "I DONT THINK SO"!!!
    01-07-09 09:25 AM
    Holy crap, I am getting my replacement today. I'm going to be pissed if this happens to me.
    01-07-09 09:30 AM
    Can't you just pay it minus the charge for the replacement phone & have them note the charges are being credited so you're not penalized?
    01-07-09 09:32 AM
    Can't you just pay it minus the charge for the replacement phone & have them note the charges are being credited so you're not penalized?
    That is the status that mine is in, yet I am still getting PAST DUE notices from Verizon so you can start to see why I am pissed because I could have just walked into a store and exchanged it and not had any of these issues had they explained this to me UPFRONT!!!
    01-07-09 09:36 AM
    I just had an interesting conversation, OK arguement with Verizons customer we dont care department! For anyone who has been getting replacement phones sent out and being billed the cost of the phone until they get the replacement back, SURPRISE what they dont tell you is that it can take up to 3 billing cycles to reflect the credit, what a bunch of BS. I have never been late on a payment and now because of a policy that was never explained when they so graciously offered to send out a phone overnight I am considered "Past Due" even though I returned the phone long before last months billing cycle ended. The CSR explained that to avoid that the phone bill is due and when they get around to it they will issue a credit sometime in the next 3 cycles. Does anyone else have an issue with Verizon using your money like this, unless they want to start paying me interest "I DONT THINK SO"!!!
    Weird... Only took them 5 days from when I sent my replacement back to credit my account for the old phone.

Last time this happened to me with another phone... CS told me to pay my regular bill minus the amount they billed me for the replacement unit they sent out. I think you just got a bad CSR. Call back and talk to someone else.
    01-07-09 09:38 AM
    They billed me but I was on the phone with them for over and hour and they took it off my account. But the taxes will come off next bill
    01-07-09 09:38 AM
    Weird... Only took them 5 days from when I sent my replacement back to credit my account for the old phone.

Last time this happened to me with another phone... CS told me to pay my regular bill minus the amount they billed me for the replacement unit they sent out. I think you just got a bad CSR. Call back and talk to someone else.
    I have been on the phone with 3 different CSR's now and I think because they read the notes in my acct when they pull it up none of them want to do anything about it!!!
    01-07-09 09:42 AM
    Verizon has never put a credit hold on your account for replacement on another smartphone to date!!! For some reason, they decided to start doing this with the Storm. Again, I've had and people I know have had smartphones (both BB and WM) devices replaced and NEVER had any type of payment credit hold on an account or a CC for that matter. The only time they get hit with a charge is if you don't return the original phone back to them. You have 2 weeks to do so generally. WTF did they decide it was a good idea to start doing this now?
    01-07-09 09:47 AM
    I had 2 replacements come, on the same day for the same phone (Verizon sent 2 to replace my one phone), and was not billed for either. I think it all depends on how the person who handles your replacement request processes the order.
    01-07-09 09:47 AM
    I try and be proactive in these situations . . I would send the old phone back with a tracking number to show when they received it. I would then make a copy of that and send it in with the bill if there was any question. Maybe that might work?
    01-07-09 09:49 AM
    Sometimes the credit can be expedited if you call them and give them the tracking number.
    Track it yourself as well - when they receive it, wait a couple days and call back to ask if they processed it.
    This "may" help you - it's helped me in the past.
    01-07-09 09:59 AM
    They didn't even charge me up front for my replacement.

They did however credit my account 211$ when they processed my original.

Factor in the 100$ in rebates I got on the phone ans I was basically paid a hundred bucks to get the storm.

Thanks Verizon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 10:07 AM
    I love the Storm as much as the next guy but I vehemently deplore Verizon's policies.

On Monday, I was told it would take 1 week to be credited back for my replacement.

Today, I was told it would take 1-2 bill cycles.

RIDICULOUS.

That's the kind of information that should be given out BEFORE a replacement is issued. Absolutely unacceptable.
    01-07-09 10:10 AM
    Yeah I received three calls from verizon today telling me my account was past due. And I returned my old storm well before the billing cycle ended. The CSR told me I was in danger of being interrupted. Needless to say I will be paying my local corporate store a visit.
    01-07-09 06:09 PM
    I have had two replacements one charged to credit card and the other to my bill.Bill was credited in one week credit card has not and it has been 5 weeks.Bull****
    01-07-09 06:19 PM
    this is the first I have heard of this. It has not yet been put into operation where I work that I know of. This might be something new they trying in certain area.

My guess at this point is that it has to with the loss of money on devices not returned. I had to get a replacement router from Linksys the other day and they pre-charged my card for 95 bucks that will be taken care of when the bad router is returned.

Maybe it is the way that business is going.

If I hear anything else I will let you know.
    01-07-09 06:20 PM
    Verizon has never put a credit hold on your account for replacement on another smartphone to date!!! For some reason, they decided to start doing this with the Storm. Again, I've had and people I know have had smartphones (both BB and WM) devices replaced and NEVER had any type of payment credit hold on an account or a CC for that matter. The only time they get hit with a charge is if you don't return the original phone back to them. You have 2 weeks to do so generally. WTF did they decide it was a good idea to start doing this now?
    It's not new. This happen to me when I got my 8130 replace with a new one around this time last year and had to call them to remove the charges cause they could not find the phone even though it was at their warehouse.
    01-07-09 06:20 PM

Factor in the 100$ in rebates I got on the phone ans I was basically paid a hundred bucks to get the storm.

Thanks Verizon

Ha. They'll fix that mistake. I promise you.
    01-07-09 07:30 PM
    I used to be a Verizon customer and had this issue with the En-V2. I upgraded via a new 2yr contract but wound up not wanting the phone anymore. I returned it and a couple of weeks later had the problem of the amount still being on my bill. They were going to disconnect me as well. I just paid the amount that was due. But they don't tell you about that beforehand

01-07-09 07:44 PM
    i told them i was not paying for the new ones and they told me fine they will discount it too free lol.... so , just say no... its honestly that easy
    01-07-09 08:02 PM

Thanks Verizon

SHADY, SHADY MFer
    01-07-09 11:02 PM
    I had my replacement charged to my debit card. The rep told me my account would be credited all $288 when they received my original Storm.

I sent my original back two weeks ago, and there is still nearly $300 taken out of my account.
    01-07-09 11:05 PM
    This is absolutely RIDICULOUS I can not get anywhere with Verizon and I can not believe how they treat customers I have been waiting and waiting for my credit, but when they want your money its a different story! If they would have sharred this with me when they offered to send the replacement I would have said "**** NO"
    01-09-09 11:03 AM
    Verizon didn't charge me anything when they sent me my replacement storm. Perhaps it's cause a lot of you are new VZW customers or something. /shrug
    01-09-09 01:42 PM
    It's not due to being a new customer....I have been with them for a long time and they did it to me with the dare and now with the storm. The way they explained, is they did not used to charge for replacements, and people would not send old ones back and if vzw missed it, they lost money. This is a way for them to guarantee that they don't loose money and also a reminder for the customer to send the old one back.
    01-09-09 02:25 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD