what is the difference between this two different typing method?
    03-05-09 01:23 PM
    uh well suretype is a form of predictive text similar in function to T9 on regular phones, except instead of having letters grouped in ABC, DEF, etc etc they're grouped in QW ER TY formatting so its in the familiar keyboard layout.

full QWERTY is a keyboard layout just as normal pc's have.
    03-05-09 01:36 PM
    Thanks.. always very helpful.
    03-05-09 01:42 PM
    The Storm's full qwerty has error correction, but it is not as robust as the suretype's predictive algorithms. Also the Storm has a full qwerty in portrait now too, it was added in most of the leaked versions, so we should see it in the next release.
    03-05-09 02:22 PM
    Guess I'm old skool but I still feel more comfortable with qwerty. I just can't get into suretype
    03-05-09 02:26 PM
    Its kind of wonderful all of the options...

If i'm secretly tapping out a message i use sure type with 1 hand under the table.

If i'm speeding through a 4 paragraph email to one of my professors i use 2 hand sure type. I can out type most people using a full keyboard on their phone and way way way faster then people who use a touch screen even with the vibrating feedback.

If i'm typing out a long *** word or a word that i don't think sure type will know, i just flip it sideways and qwerty that ****.

Sometimes i will go into a text message, spin the phone into the air, and use whichever keyboard I catch it on
    03-05-09 02:54 PM
    I mostly use SureType two handed in portrait mode unless I have to spell a non-common word. I can type a lot faster with SureType than the full QWERTY keyboard because I am used to it and because the buttons are much larger. I'm sure with practice I could get better at full QWERTY too, but I do enjoy SureType.
    03-05-09 03:25 PM
    I came from the WinMo devices with hardware QWERTY keyboard, so I prefer the onscreen QWERTY keyboard instead of the SureType keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD