My phone is messing up; in portrait view the suretype doesnt appear, it is multitap that comes up, even though my settings are set to suretype. I am currently running on .86; I have also done a battery pull and it didn't fix the problem.
    Thanks for the help guys.
    01-20-09 01:06 AM
    My phone is messing up; in portrait view the suretype doesnt appear, it is multitap that comes up, even though my settings are set to suretype. I am currently running on .86; I have also done a battery pull and it didn't fix the problem.
    Thanks for the help guys.

my setting sare set to MultiTap, and when i got to write a text, its on SureType.... seems like my phone is having opposite effects as everyone elses... =\
    01-20-09 01:40 AM
    I had the same experience on .86 after a battery pull. I simply changed it while the keyboard was up and I never had the problem again. I had to do nothing with the settings. Hope your luck is as good as mine.
    01-20-09 01:42 AM
    This is a known issue in .86 (perhaps in other builds as well.)
    From time to time, start keyboard set up wizard and set it to suretype there. It seems to help little bit. I say little bit because eventually, in my case in a day or two, multitap will start to appear again. Extremely annoying. Hope RIM addresses this issue soon. I can't remember if the official .75 had this issue or not.. I'm just too lazy to go back to 75..
    01-20-09 01:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD