guys

anyway to get the suretype keyboard in landscape. I am having horrible trouble trying to use the full keyboard in landscape. Or maybe a bigger full keyboard in landscape

any ideas ?
    06-27-10 07:34 PM
    nope cant do it
    06-27-10 07:35 PM
    i think the keyboard size or buttons size is fixed...maybe RIM can have a software update to let us bb user to choose the keyboard size? that would be cool right?

anyway....i uses full keyboard and turn on the alphabet indicator. now i can type so fast without error... i dont use auto correction by the way.. i love my storm sure press!!!

so... did u turn on the keyboard alphabet touch indicator? it really helps.
    06-27-10 07:46 PM
    so... did u turn on the keyboard alphabet touch indicator? it really helps.
    I find it to be pointless as I rarely look at the keyboard. I usually just look at the cursor, what I'm typing, and the auto-correct options.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 08:00 PM
    I have it turned on, why i dont know. I dont hover before I click . If i used the touch indicator typing would be far to slow
    06-27-10 08:05 PM
    I have it turned on, why i dont know. I dont hover before I click . If i used the touch indicator typing would be far to slow
    i got your point...so lets pray hard that the OS6 and coming updates will give us a choice to choose keyboard size...for now..i think u gotta stay with the keyboard size...there is a new apps call "lightning keyboard"...why dont you try and see if that helps? cuz that apps uses bb keyboard but made the full keyboard in stagger mode.. so high chance you wont hit the wrong buttons.. its free to download and use in apps world...

HELLO??? RIM??? DID YOU HEAR US???
    06-27-10 09:03 PM
    i got your point...so lets pray hard that the OS6 and coming updates will give us a choice to choose keyboard size...for now..i think u gotta stay with the keyboard size...there is a new apps call "lightning keyboard"...why dont you try and see if that helps? cuz that apps uses bb keyboard but made the full keyboard in stagger mode.. so high chance you wont hit the wrong buttons.. its free to download and use in apps world...

No. I'm sure they didn't. And even if they happened to read this thread they would only just wish it were in paper form so they could wipe their arses with it.

Sorry to be so cold but that's the truth. RIM doesn't care what their customers have to say. If they did we'd have better browsers.
    06-27-10 09:12 PM
    cool, let me see what it can do. thanks

06-27-10 09:15 PM
    No. I'm sure they didn't. And even if they happened to read this thread they would only just wish it were in paper form so they could wipe their arses with it.

Sorry to be so cold but that's the truth. RIM doesn't care what their customers have to say. If they did we'd have better browsers.
    U know.. i pretty sure some of these pp in the forums....actually work for RIM... well i dont know if whoever work for RIM here is a paperboy or CEO out there in disguise....

the forums is a way much better feedback gathering system... at least for me i think so....

i dont use other bb phones.... not even storm1... i came smack right into storm2...i have to say again and alot times more... that i sold my brand new iphone3gs to get my 2nd hand storm2...

from the past few OS updates... i see they are working towards some improvement...e.g. the original storm2 keyboard dont even have touch alphabet indicators...it came in later... i guess they know the keyboard in some ways sucks? apple droid have those indicators...so later os upgrade have those indicators.. i love it....but that causes a bug for the modem .... and now they solve it...cuz many complaints..modem not working outside states...i guess i benefit alot having a working modem even i am not a verizon user...

of course...RIM will not get it done right away...but rather in a slowly motion....Research in slow motion..hahaha....they have to prioritize what is most or more important at hands now to keep up with their time to launch new phones...they already annouce OS6... so they will work from there....of course they will continue to support the present OS till some point they will stop...its the same as Microsoft....XP support and updates will end somewhere....RIM already said...not all bb phones will suppose OS6.

also.. for sure... we are getting a better browser....

however, if storm2 happens not to support OS6....it would be a disaster...when that happen....i will probably use my storm2 till it dies or recontract get another better phones then...hahaha
    Last edited by titusilvering; 06-27-10 at 09:48 PM.
    06-27-10 09:42 PM

From the perspective of somebody that works for a very large corporation, I think RIM actually does a pretty good job at trying to address consumer needs. They have a target segment that I am sure they research to death, that is the nature of their market place. Now I am not privy to any of their market research, but I would bet that it is heavy on people saying that e-mail and messaging is what they look to a BlackBerry to do. After that, they want all the other stuff, web browser, media etc. A web browser will never be a key component of a BlackBerry, it just is not what their market segment bases a purchase on. They want a good one, but they do not decide based on it.

As far as text input, I think it is very hard to complain about the typing options that are offered on the Storm 2. You have a landscape qwerty, a portrait qwerty and SureType in portrait. I dare say, if none of those make you happy, a touch screen may not be for you. Sure there are tweaks that can be made for the fringe, but how profitable would that be?

The very nature of the smart phone market will guarantee that we will not have a perfect smart phone for some time to come. Companies are going to find a segment that they can make very happy, and focus on them. There will be users from outside that segment that select their phone, but that is only the halo effect. They will be moderately satisfied, but always feel like they are missing a little something.

Of course there are the power users (many of the folks reading this), that love their phone, would never go anywhere else. This is a great population to study to advance the technology, but you cannot ever believe you will make them fully satisfied. They will always want more, will always be able to see the flaws and what could be. A very valuable group to be sure, but trying to make them all happy would be a lesson in futility. Of course, they end up being in the dead middle of your segmentation, so they are your most loyal customer. As long as you stay true to your core, you will never lose them. They may have complaints, but nobody can do it better.

Sorry for the marketing 101 diatribe, but a little wine and a little frustration form reading all these threads dragged it out of me.

And oh, keep complaining and pointing out how it can be better. I am sure they are listening and picking and choosing suggestions to develop. You are the definition of the target after all, your thoughts are valued more than you believe.
    06-27-10 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD