51. You may not vote on this poll
  • SureType

29 56.86%
  • Landscape

22 43.14%
    What do you use the most??

im about 90% suretype and 10 landscape... Much faster with suretype
    11-29-08 11:42 PM
    I use the suretype for most messages but if i have to enter a password of user id or something a use the full keyboard but im faster with the suretype so far but I just got it today so well see what happens.
    11-30-08 12:01 AM
    an option for suretype in landscape mode would be great!!!!!!!

How about and option for full QWERTY "right handed" landscape mode

and suretype in "left handed" landscape mode.

This is my first blackberry, but I love suretype I know some people complain about it, but its great!
    11-30-08 12:11 AM
    SureType for short texts

Qwerty for longer stuff

I like both. switch off often. But let's be honest, its so much cooler in qwerty haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 12:21 AM
    Landscape all the way.

11-30-08 12:27 AM
    I can't figure out sure type. It does things like delete characters I have already inserted??? WTFIWT?
    Anyone know of a turtorial or lesson the proper use of it?
    11-30-08 12:28 AM
    98 percent suretype use it for long texts and emails only time i use landscape is for usernames and passwords
    11-30-08 12:36 AM
    ^^ web addresses as well..

I like the qwerty and use it sometimes but suretype is really really nice for using with one hand.
    11-30-08 12:49 AM
    Landscape all the way.

I'm with you. I haven't used MultiTap in about two years and I absolutely HATE SureType. If I could get a QWERTY keyboard to come up in portrait mode, I would. I think it would be too cramped to type on though.
    11-30-08 01:14 AM
    Landscape Mode is the way to go somehow I just cant get the hang of SureType it always messes up my messeges im not sure if their is a manual on how to use suretype properly other then that on landscape i can pick up some speed baby
    11-30-08 01:20 AM
    I love using lanscape. Its just that I like browsing in portrait, and everytime I need to type I'm afraid of the accelerometer locking up. Hopefully I can enjoy landscape to its fullest with a new os update!

11-30-08 01:26 AM
    I still want multitap combined with t9 or itap or some kind of predictive mode. i can type fast as **** on a phone with regular keypad and itap.
    11-30-08 03:23 AM
    Honestly I'm all about fast, fast cars, fast texting, fast women, and for most of my needs SureType is just way faster. The keys are so large that human error is almost eliminated...there are many occasions though where I need to use qwerty, such as when I use slang or type passwords and urls.

With that said all blackberry vets know that what is fastest for them will not be fastest for everyone else. To quote a great movie, waiting, "you have to find your own ball showing game"

11-30-08 04:02 AM
    QWERTY Landscape 90%
    SureType 10%
    11-30-08 05:50 AM
    When I was with Nextel, I had a 7520 and got used to the full keyboard. Once the 7100i came out, I tried the Suretype with MUCH frustration and wound up going back to Multitap. I found a suggestion here that helped tremendously, and that is to try not to look at the screen as you type. Simply press the letters that comprise the word. It sounds crazy I know, but with very little practice, you'll be burning up the keyboard. My upgrade date to go to the Storm isn't until the end of December, but several trips to the VZW store have confirmed that Suretype is still the way to go for me in either mode. It does take some getting used to though. It's just not natural to not look at what you're trying to type as you do so.
    11-30-08 08:10 AM
    for those of you who love suretype - any tips and tricks for us begineers? i cannot get the hang of it.
    11-30-08 08:12 AM
    for those of you who love suretype - any tips and tricks for us begineers? i cannot get the hang of it.
    Just look at the letters, not what is being typed. Also with more time the suretype will learn your typing style and things will become easier...if its hard at first dont be discouraged, taking a little longer to learn it will be worth it, trust me.
    11-30-08 12:43 PM
    thanks! i found a demo on the blackberry website and watched that. i am trying to learn to not look at what is being typed to just concentrate on what i want to type. it is slowly getting easier.
    11-30-08 12:49 PM
    I'm way faster with SureType!

11-30-08 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD