I use suretype a lot and for some reason its decided to use the less frequently used words. Whenever I type "ya" "ta" is always the first choice and stupid things like that. I've done wipes from the hand held and also wiped the device using java and loaded multiple different OS onto it but nothing is correcting this issue and its driving me nuts. I'm constantly selecting the actual work I want from a list or i have to retype it sometimes 3 times. Anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it?

(yes I know it has qwerty but I really like suretype for quick and easy texting)
    06-03-09 10:53 AM
    Well "ya" isn't an actual English word so that may be why. Go put these words your having problems with in your custom dictionary

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 11:00 AM
    I use suretype a lot and for some reason its decided to use the less frequently used words. Whenever I type "ya" "ta" is always the first choice and stupid things like that. I've done wipes from the hand held and also wiped the device using java and loaded multiple different OS onto it but nothing is correcting this issue and its driving me nuts. I'm constantly selecting the actual work I want from a list or i have to retype it sometimes 3 times. Anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it?

(yes I know it has qwerty but I really like suretype for quick and easy texting)
    Here is a tip for using sure type; just type the word you want to us and do the correction after you finished typing. Most of the time sure type will spell the word that you want to use.

Just don't correct it midway.

In other words focus on the key pad and not on the screen
    06-03-09 11:01 AM
    custom dictionary and autotext are your friends...love 'em, learn 'em, use 'em.
    06-03-09 11:01 AM
    Well "ya" isn't an actual English word so that may be why. Go put these words your having problems with in your custom dictionary

even with it in my custom dictionary it still just took me 3 tries. The word comes up bold as apposed to words that are usually not recognized. Its not just with the word "ya", its happening for a lot of very commonly used words. Of course such words escape my head right now.

*** I also do know the SureType basics. I've had a pearl for close to a year and understand exactly how suretype works. The problem is I am typing the whole word, and the most common typing of said word is not the first choice.
    06-03-09 11:02 AM
    custom dictionary and autotext are your friends...love 'em, learn 'em, use 'em.
    agreed. my custom dictionary is a few hundred words and i've only had my storm for about 3 weeks
    06-03-09 11:13 AM
    well i had the pearl initally, so i have all my suretype stuff pretty tuned in...and a curve directly before the storm, so my custom dictionary for qwerty is rockin too.

double win!
    06-03-09 11:17 AM
    Or Finish Your Word,and When You Go On And It Changes It,just Hit The Back Button,and It Will Change It Back To What You Had,then Space Bar And Proceed On With Your Next Word.works For Me...
    06-03-09 11:36 AM
    I have the PERFECT solution for that problem.

While the phone is being held upright in portrait mode (so the SureType keyboard is present), hit the Option button and then select, "Enable Full Keyboard" and tada! No more SureType headaches.
    06-03-09 01:32 PM
    I have the PERFECT solution for that problem.

While the phone is being held upright in portrait mode (so the SureType keyboard is present), hit the Option button and then select, "Enable Full Keyboard" and tada! No more SureType headaches.
    SureType? Yuck! Bless all of those that can type using it (and I know there are many of you)... I've never been able to use it at all. I much prefer the full qwerty in portrait.
    06-03-09 01:47 PM
    Qwerty mode in portrait is hard for me Because I have chubby thumbs.
    I'm real fast with SureType�

06-03-09 01:58 PM
    Qwerty mode in portrait is hard for me Because I have chubby thumbs.
    I'm real fast with SureType�

I bet Megan Fox could never use the QWERTY in portrait mode on a Storm...

06-03-09 02:29 PM
    costume dictionary will solve it
    06-03-09 02:32 PM
    Is that the Halloween Edition of the dictionary?
    06-03-09 02:37 PM
    what good would a book that defines different disguises and party outfits do?
    06-03-09 02:38 PM
    back on track, no i'm not using qwerty in portrait, that defeats the purpose. This also isn't about words not in my custom dictionary. Some words that are not working are "me". I type in "me" and instead I get "Mr" then I erase and get "mr" then I erase and get "me". When I try and type the word "at" I get "st".

These are the annoyances I'm talking about. I know for a fact I'm using the words "me" and "at" more then what is coming up.
    06-03-09 02:51 PM
    the point is that the suretype isn't supposed to guess what word you want every time. as you type, there should be a drop down of "suggestions"....just click the one you want. if there's a word you use a lot more than others, create an autotext for it...

like think of a few other words that share the keys for the letters "D-U-C-K"
    06-03-09 02:56 PM
    the point is that the suretype isn't supposed to guess what word you want every time. as you type, there should be a drop down of "suggestions"....just click the one you want. if there's a word you use a lot more than others, create an autotext for it...

like think of a few other words that share the keys for the letters "D-U-C-K"
    right. but my phone never used to do this. I'm now starting to notice it more and more and its frustrating me. There was a time where I could type "me" and "me" would come up first because I use it all the time. I can't even remember the last time I wanted the word "st" and I also use "at" all the time. Isn't SureType suppose to remember things like this? intuitive typing?
    06-03-09 02:59 PM
    Its not really intuitive. Just knows the combination of keys will form the words. Quite honestly I hated SureType but trying to text while driving landscape mode is a killer. And full qwerty in portrait stinks cause keys to close. Type lol and click on lol and press bb key and add to dictionary. Nowthat word is stored on suretype. You only have to do this a few times and before u know it u will have all the words u commonly use ready for SureType. Really is a faster way to text

06-03-09 03:07 PM
    Its not really intuitive. Just knows the combination of keys will form the words. Quite honestly I hated SureType but trying to text while driving landscape mode is a killer. And full qwerty in portrait stinks cause keys to close. Type lol and click on lol and press bb key and add to dictionary. Nowthat word is stored on suretype. You only have to do this a few times and before u know it u will have all the words u commonly use ready for SureType. Really is a faster way to text

You keep texting and driving and this thread's title will literally be for you!
    06-03-09 03:17 PM
    You keep texting and driving and this thread's title will literally be for you!
    Lol I should have wrote, for some of u that like to text n drive...I certainly never text and drive as I'm sure most of us do not

06-03-09 03:22 PM
    I didn't know I had to add words to my dictionary that the phone already recognizes.
    06-03-09 03:31 PM
    That so weird. That shouldn't be happening.

06-03-09 03:33 PM
    Check your custom dictionary. Sometimes those screwy non-words like "ta" get mysteriously added by mistake. I check mine every couple of weeks and always find some non-word that I did not add - at least not intentionally.

06-03-09 04:25 PM
    I know about typing the whole word but what happens when you do so and the only words you can choose are all the wrong ones? what do you do?
    06-03-09 04:33 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD