Hey all, I was lucky to be able to test out the new beta of the BOLT browser, and i have to say, i am not too impressed... However, that is beside the point.

Sometime around the time when i installed it (not exactly sure when the issue occurred) SureType has been behaving like Multi-tap. Only in the sense that, for example, if i wanted to imput 's', i must tap 'as' twice. Only that character is highlighted as well, because if i wanted to put a 'e' and an 't' in, i would only have to push those once, and only the character being imputed is highlighted. There is also no predictive text. In 'normal' suretype, the entire word is highlighted and there is the predictive text, and multiple tapping is not required. Could someone tell me what has gone wrong and how should i go about fixing it?

Note: When it first happened, I had to do 2 battery pulls to fix it, and it hasnt been off since. But, even without it turning off, the issue has arose once more.
    01-17-09 02:38 PM
    My suretype has similar issues after I run Opera.

I'm not messing with Bolt for the time being so I can't help you.
    01-17-09 02:59 PM
    Yes, it is changed (I think it is from bolt as well), and no it is not crippled. Just press your BB button and change it back to suretype.
    01-17-09 03:11 PM
    The same thing is happening to me. The browser was fine but my suretypgot messed up too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 03:16 PM
    Yeah I believe it is from Bolt as well, since mine is acting the same way as well and took me a second to figure out what was going on.
    Like Sandlotje said you just have to hit your BB button and enable it. Not crippled just a pain in the ****.
    01-17-09 03:40 PM
    I hadn't realized it (or more correctly, correlated it), but my "suretype" disappeared as soon as I installed "Bolt" also.
    01-17-09 06:20 PM
    Happened to me as well. Just go into the options screen & re-enable suretype.
    01-17-09 06:55 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I have set it to suretype in the options but it doesn't change it. Have to enable it with the BB button. No real big deal though.
    01-17-09 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD