Storm - Phone made by men, for men.
    iPhone - Made by sissies, for sissies.
    -

Sorry, had to put that out there.
    But I agree - Surepress is the greatest invention out there and I really hope to God that Storm line doesn't drop it.
    08-22-10 10:18 AM
    These comments are re-assuring. I was begining to think I was the only person that still liked SurePress and SureType. Even the Crackberry team has outright spoken of the Torch Touchscreen as being a "proper" touchscreen claiming that non Surepress is better. OS 6 may not run on SurePress device as it is much more iphoneish. Storm3 will be interesting to see.
    08-27-10 08:25 AM
    These comments are re-assuring. I was begining to think I was the only person that still liked SurePress and SureType. Even the Crackberry team has outright spoken of the Torch Touchscreen as being a "proper" touchscreen claiming that non Surepress is better. OS 6 may not run on SurePress device as it is much more iphoneish. Storm3 will be interesting to see.
    Truer words were never spoken, as far as I am concerned. It really rubbed me the wrong way that Kevin (our fearless leader, an avid physical keyboard person) dissed SurePress! I hate typing on a solid piece of glass; it feels/sounds like a bird pecking at seed on pavement! I can really type fast on the SurePress/Portrait mode. I hope they keep it and shy away from the "proper" touchscreen.
    08-27-10 08:41 AM
    All of you here deserve a medal, for being true to SurePress.

I wish RIM will never drop this gem. I do not like tapping on glass.

Also, I don't understand why OS 6 will not run on SurePress when OS 5 could. The latter was written for qwerty BBs, no? Isn't OS 6 supposed to be on the 9700?
    08-27-10 10:27 AM
    Derwent, my thoughts were the same. I think it's just a rumor about SurePress not working on OS6. Doesn't make sense.

What does make sense is maybe the extra code needed to run OS6 + Surepress goes beyond the on board memory provisions, which could mean the fundamental functions of the phone might lack in performance.
    08-28-10 10:14 PM
    Derwent, my thoughts were the same. I think it's just a rumor about SurePress not working on OS6. Doesn't make sense.

What does make sense is maybe the extra code needed to run OS6 + Surepress goes beyond the on board memory provisions, which could mean the fundamental functions of the phone might lack in performance.
    Yep, the amazing thing is some people preach that rumour like it's the truth.

I have no knowledge about how the OS would be coded and it would be nice if someone offers real insight into the matter.
    08-29-10 12:12 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD