First off I want to say that I love the sure press for all my texting/email needs. Like both the full landscape and the sure-type portrait options. Personally enjoy the "tactile" feedback that sure press delivers.

More improtantly I think that the real power of the sure press would be having descrete functions for a tap vs a press. For example let screen taps behave as a left mouse button, and full pressing behave as the right mouse button, when not typing. Think of cut/copy/paste. I know that a lot of this functionality was put into the berry button. But in my opinon it would ahave been more intuitive to have the seperate screen functions.

That being said I do think that the keyboards should have the option of working in either a touch tap mode (to please all the iTwerps) or a full sure press mode. But only after allowing some of the above functionality into the system.

Any other thoughts for or against?
    05-13-09 05:22 PM
    Sounds like a pretty good idea to me. Especially the tap right click idea.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 06:14 PM
    Thank you for thinking it was a good idea.

I just see it as a lost opratunity, since both tap and click are functionaly present. Maybe this should be left to the app/mod community,since it seems unlikely that RIM will be adding any extra to the OS.

Foe example, I think Opera Mini would benifit most from the extra level of interaction and should make a Storm specific version, with these features.
    05-13-09 09:29 PM
    Thank you for thinking it was a good idea.

I think Opera Mini would benifit most from the extra level of interaction and should make a Storm specific version, with these features.
    Amen to that!
    05-14-09 10:16 AM
    OMG, I can't wait until there is a Storm specific version of Opera! I don't mind the click screen, but it definitely needs some improvements.

Personally, I would prefer a non-surepress screen with maybe some haptic feedback, ie-vibration.
    05-14-09 10:42 AM
    Yes, I wish there were some 'Options' associated with Surepress... I know I originally liked the Storm over the iPhone BECAUSE of the Surepress as I found it very easy to mess up your typing on the iPhone; HOWEVER now after getting the feel of it I truly wish I could set it to 'Tap Only' for 'Landscape Mode' or something like that.
    I normally only use the portrait mode for one-handed typing & prefer the surepress for this though for emailing, taking notes etc I always use landscape mode & find the suretype really slows me down!!

Does anyone make 'Performance Springs' for the SureType keyboard yet?!?!
    05-14-09 11:33 AM
    I would like to see suretype in landscape mode...i actually find it faster than landscape mode, but would love to have suretype in landscape mode for comfort.
    05-17-09 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD