It isn't bad but I would trade it for a 3.7" screen in a heartbeat.
    10-10-10 10:44 PM
    I can't stand typing on anything that doesn't "give.". I never have been the tapping kind though.
    Same here. I am rockin' the SurePress. My S2 is my first BB and SurePress was the main reason I went for it back in December instead of the Droid despite it's slideout keyboard.

I do think that RIM should incorporate an on/off option for SurePress for the next Storm only for the reason of giving users a choice...that might help gain more user base for the model.
    10-10-10 11:31 PM
    Surepress was one of the biggest reasons I tried out the Storm series in the first place. After ironing out the bottom button issues with a newer OS build, I loved it and still do. I really hope the next iteration of the Storm keeps it and makes it better!
    10-11-10 12:08 AM
    Surepress is far from a great way to use a touchscreen device considering no other companies use it.

I am not hating, just saying not very many people like it.
    Might also be due to a patent. Currently Apple is suing an Asian company for producing a device that that they say LOOKS like the iPhone. If another company made a glass-capacitive screen for a phone that clicked when pressed, that might be something RIM considers infringement even though it's been done with other electronics before.
    10-11-10 01:07 AM
    I really like surepress. I like the 'click' feedback and I don't think I will be able to type that accurately without it... Just my opinion...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 02:24 AM
    Love it. Loved it on my 9530. Love it on my 9550. RIM, stick with it, or give users the chance to disable it in software. But don't get rid of it.
    10-11-10 06:00 AM
    I quite like it, but it is not a big enough selling point to make me get another RIM product.
    10-11-10 06:40 AM
    Obviously its a matter of opinion, but having used more than a few touchscreens I can honestly say surepress is hands down the best input method for them. Sure there's a learning curve, but once you have it down...

10-11-10 06:50 AM
    I like the surepress, but there are times (like the middle of the night) when I wish I could turn off the click, or silence the noise.
    10-11-10 07:19 AM
    Love it!!! Wish it would stay!
    10-11-10 08:00 AM
    Like it, don't love it. I'd probably buy a phone that had it over one that didn't but it's not a deal breaker for me if the next Storm doesn't have it. If it is improved as much in an S3, as they did between S1 and S2, then I think they would have a viable SP screen....
    10-11-10 08:36 AM
    I love sure press

sure type + sure press = even better. Huge fan.
    10-11-10 08:50 AM
    I love the surepress, I can type so much faster than on a regular touch screen. I tried my friends torch the other day and I could type fast on the screen but I wasn't as accurate. I agree with some of the others that itd be nice if you could turn it off for noise reasons like when I'm in class in college lol. Other than that it needs to be on future devices!

10-11-10 08:55 AM
    I am a newbie with surepress and I remember saying I hate it. The Storm 1 was a complete failure to me and when I went in to try out the 9550, I was amazed at how much easier it was to use! I was pretty good on an iPhone, which is considered the "best touchscreen", but I was nowhere near as fast as I am on this thing! Landscape QWERTY and portrait QWERTY are my favorite. SureType is actually pretty good, except I can only type in one language and I have to type "correctly". I really hate that because I type in two languages and sometimes I butcher words. So, yeah. I'm a fan of SP.
    Only thing that slows me down is the auto-correct thing. I've disabled it but it still suggests words and changes some that I type.

10-11-10 09:07 AM
    Meh, interesting that Torch doesn't have it. Can't be that great
    10-11-10 09:15 AM
    apples and pears...

After almost a years use of SurePress, I absolutely hate it.. Typing on my new phone is such a joy..hardly any mistakes..it actually feels weird..that the touchscreen is so intuitive , however with the Storm2.. I was constantly backspacing and retyping. The fact that you can hover before select made no real difference too.
    10-11-10 09:41 AM
    apples and pears...

After almost a years use of SurePress, I absolutely hate it.. Typing on my new phone is such a joy..hardly any mistakes..it actually feels weird..that the touchscreen is so intuitive , however with the Storm2.. I was constantly backspacing and retyping. The fact that you can hover before select made no real difference too...and dont get me started on the triple/multi click quirks!
    and don't get me started on Jesus-phone-trolls in the Storm forum.
    10-11-10 10:15 AM

oh hear we go again...

Can a mod please ban or give this guy a warning?
    10-11-10 11:12 AM
    Meh, interesting that Torch doesn't have it. Can't be that great
    Why would the Torch have it? It has a physical keyboard. Wouldn't it be kind of redundant to have two clicking keyboards on one device?
    10-11-10 11:58 AM
    oh hear we go again...

Can a mod please ban or give this guy a warning?
    Lots of prattle, but nothing useful or helpful.

Why would the Torch have it? It has a physical keyboard. Wouldn't it be kind of redundant to have two clicking keyboards on one device?
    Landscape typing maybe???? If it's such a great input system, and RIM spent so much money, time and effort developing it why not? RIM now has a touchscreen device without it, so hopefully it will fade away.
    10-11-10 12:11 PM
    Read my signature.
    10-11-10 12:25 PM
    It would be a lot of trouble to add a sure press screen just for clicking landscape typing. Think of the extra weight and thickness of a sure press screen, the extra memory usage and cost. And for what, for dual clicking keyboards? They should have just made the torch a Land scape slider.

Besides, didn't RIM say sure press was a Storm only feature? Not a touchscreen only feature. I read that before even the Storm 1 came out. RIM never said they were going to use sure press on their touchscreens. So why would anyone be surprised that the Torch don't have it? Like they said from the beginning It's exclusive to the Storm line.
    10-11-10 12:34 PM
    Read my signature.
    I just wasted 6 seconds of my time reading your sig.
    10-11-10 01:50 PM
    I just wasted 6 seconds of my time reading your sig.
    My point exactly, thank you.
    10-11-10 02:02 PM
    My point exactly, thank you.
    any time.

---------
    10-11-10 02:19 PM
185 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD