06-22-10 01:15 AM
64 123
tools
    BINGO! That is exactly my complaint with SurePress. I don't hate the SurePress experience, but I would much rather do without it. I don't see any value in it and really see it as just a gimmick for those folks that need to feel a "button" response.

SurePress just adds another element of what can go wrong, see all the click threads on S1 and the recall on S2. Plus dust under the cover, etc...

Also in the new slider demo with OS6, the demo'er showed one can type just fine on a BB without the screen having to "click".

=X=
    I have a tremor, worse some days than others, but still, a serious problem w/ non-click touchscreens. Having to click to enter text saves me no end of grief. And don't tell me to get a BB w/ a physical keyboard, because I want/need the bigger screen.
    05-31-10 01:01 PM
    X, the recall was crap about the screen not being flush. There's millions of users out there that did NOT send their phone in for recall, and the units are working fine.

Dust under the cover is an issue with any phone. Most of the people complaining of this are like "Oh, I work mixing concrete for a living." Well hmm, I wonder how dust got under the screen.
    05-31-10 01:50 PM
    surepress is a waste... IF you dont have room for a full qwerty keyboard and each letter being its own key....
    06-10-10 07:31 PM
    Add me to the list of Surepress fans. I love it and can type faster on my S1 than on any other blackberry or phone I've ever had. I'll definitely consider other options if Surepress is dropped on next gen models.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 07:51 PM
    Face it people, the gimmick is dead!
    06-10-10 08:24 PM
    on what grounds?
    that you don't like it and your opinion is so important that RIM will drop a significant amount of Research and Development and follow a path that would show that they felt that their in-house technology is really bad?
    06-11-10 09:53 AM
    I think it was a good try, but it just didn't hit the consumer market like they probably thought it would.
    06-11-10 10:08 AM
    Right, the Storm line has clearly been a terrible seller overall.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 10:44 AM
    Crap, I guess I better let my Storm 2 know.
    06-11-10 10:51 AM
    I own a storm one with one of the newr lyricidal hybrids and honestly my surepress is awsome and very accurate,but its also casue ive had it since my storm 1 came out so ive mastered it.My little brother has a droid and honestly i hate just touch screen its messy to type with,my girlfriend has an iphone and also it has that same issue.The way i see it i wont get the storm 2 cause it isnt much different than the S1 but if the new storm 3 comes out and isnt surepress then i might have to go back to buttons rather have preciseness than a crappy touchscreen.I m also hoping that blackberry can catch up to other platforms or I might just get some other phone tired of having to worry bout app memmory and os issues shudlnt have to be that way when you pay so much for the phone....RIM needs to get their B*lls on the price
    06-11-10 01:18 PM
    I was a diehard SurePress fan until I tried the Incredible in the store. I was significantly faster and more accurate with the Incredible than I've ever been with my Storm. It was like Night and Day.

Whether that's SurePress's fault or whether it's the software I'm not sure. As much as I love the feel of clicking I value the ease and speed of other devices more. Then again, the Storm is 2 years old and the Incredible is brand new. The Storm 2 is a much nicer typing experience than the Storm, so who knows what kind of jump is possible with a Storm 3.
    06-19-10 05:02 PM
    Love it myself
    06-21-10 10:21 PM
    love it too, even on my S1 which can be quite slow at times.
    06-21-10 10:55 PM
    Like I have been screaming at the top of my lungs since day one, surepress is nothing more than a GIMMICK!! And apparently a failed one at that!!
    06-22-10 01:15 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD