06-22-10 01:15 AM
64 123
tools
    In kevins podcast he says RIM will not release another BB with a clickable screen so what does that mean for the storm 3
    05-15-10 12:30 PM
    Good, surepress is Garbage!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 12:36 PM
    We will find out when the next generation touchberrys arrive. yes apparently the slider will not have surepress, but apparently the Storm3 will definitely have surepress.
    05-15-10 01:12 PM
    I hope it's not dead. I love my surepress screen I can really fly on it.

05-15-10 01:18 PM
    Surepress on the Storm 2 wasn't that bad.

05-15-10 03:11 PM
    No SurePress equals no sale for me.

05-15-10 03:23 PM
    I probably won't buy another Storm if it doesn't have SurePress. That was the main reason I went to the S2 instead of an Android phone. I don't think RIM will dump it though; just keep improving it. The latest version is electronically controlled so RIM could put an option iin the OS to turn it on and off if they want. That would make everyone happy. Well, maybe not everyone...

05-15-10 03:35 PM
    Count me in as a SurePress fan. A KEY factor in my purchase of the Storm 1 on release day over the (sorry, folks) iPhone was SurePress...well, that and I detest AT&T. I made far too many mistakes with the iPhone. SurePress took me all of...........I dunno, three days? to get the hang of and after that, I was sold!
    05-15-10 03:44 PM
    +5000 to all SurePress fans. Only reason I got a BB / didn't get any other phone is SurePress. I don't think I'll upgrade if the next generation doesn't have it. SurePress > pure capacitive, in every possible aspect.

05-15-10 03:57 PM
    I sure hope SurePress isn't dead! Love it!
    05-15-10 07:01 PM
    The click addicts....love surepress on the s2!

05-15-10 07:58 PM
    I will definitely go android if RIM gets rid of SurePress! SurePress adds a whole new dimension to touch screen devices. Not having SurePress is like a computer not having a right click!

Remember using a Mac when they didn't come stock with a mouse that could right click? Oh yeah, that's why Windows still dominates the PC market...
    05-15-10 09:23 PM
    I will definitely go android if RIM gets rid of SurePress! SurePress adds a whole new dimension to touch screen devices. Not having SurePress is like a computer not having a right click!

Remember using a Mac when they didn't come stock with a mouse that could right click? Oh yeah, that's why Windows still dominates the PC market...
    Looks like you haven't used the Magic Mouse yet.
    besides, Macs ALWAYS had ctrl-click, which did the same thing.
    05-15-10 09:42 PM
    Looks like you haven't used the Magic Mouse yet.
    besides, Macs ALWAYS had ctrl-click, which did the same thing.
    Yeah, and on non SurePress phones you can hold your finger in the same place for a few seconds to get a different clicking option. Just like having to hold ctrl while clicking, its archaic and less efficient.
    05-15-10 09:54 PM
    Like I have been screaming at the top of my lungs since day one, surepress is nothing more than a GIMMICK!! And apparently a failed one at that!!
    05-15-10 10:13 PM
    I like the tactile feedback of a CLICK for inputting text. Period.

iPhone drives me NUTS when trying to type, even with 2 thumbs. Give me SurePress, and SureType any day.
    05-15-10 10:29 PM
    Like I have been screaming at the top of my lungs since day one, surepress is nothing more than a GIMMICK!! And apparently a failed one at that!!
    It sounds like you're starved for attention (screaming at the top of your lungs, really...), so I'll throw you a few bones here:

This poll indicates that more people like SurePress than dislike. Keep in mind this was conducted prior to the release of the Storm2, which greatly enhanced the technology and made it far more usable than the Storm1.

Not to mention SurePress won the Best Mobile Technology Breakthrough award in early 2009, before the greatly enhanced Storm2, once again.

Some failed gimmick...
    05-15-10 10:36 PM
    Don't care for it personally but can see how people are fans. It was cr*p on the S1.
    05-16-10 01:04 AM
    I love surepress. It's what makes a blackberry touchscreen so unique. I didn't quit enjoyed it on Storm 1 but on Storm 2, it's so much better and I can't wait what they have in store for Storm 3.

I would be shock if they get rid of this technology because they've spent millions of $$$ invested into this technology so why get rid of it now.

If this thread was in the Storm 2 section, they would be furious with people who bash the surepress technology right now. LOL

KEEP SUREPRESS and increase the screen size. Fingers cross for Storm 3.
    Last edited by thymaster; 05-16-10 at 04:03 AM.
    05-16-10 03:42 AM
    It sounds like you're starved for attention (screaming at the top of your lungs, really...), so I'll throw you a few bones here:

This poll indicates that more people like SurePress than dislike. Keep in mind this was conducted prior to the release of the Storm2, which greatly enhanced the technology and made it far more usable than the Storm1.

Not to mention SurePress won the Best Mobile Technology Breakthrough award in early 2009, before the greatly enhanced Storm2, once again.

Some failed gimmick...
    Funny, when there are numerous complaints on Crackberry about any device or feature of a device, people are quick to say that you don't get a true representation of the general public because people that are satisfied generally don't speak out. You can't have it both ways. Quoting a Crackberry poll only proves that the those who like surepress are those that obsess over anything blackberry anyway, not a true representation of the public in general.

Bottom line, it's a failure!
    05-16-10 05:35 AM
    Surepress sucks. When it works, it works great. But it is prone to screwing up. Too many times it would freeze up, click on a different key way across the other side of the screen, or highlight all surrounding keys and not do anything. Surepress is the reason why I dumped my storm2 and went with the droid and have no regrets.
    05-16-10 05:41 AM
    I would be surprised if there is no longer a surepress Storm. I was looking forward to the surepress Storm 3. But if there isn't another surepress device then it won't be a biggie. I'm also looking forward to the slider that will not be surepress.

05-16-10 06:02 AM
    Funny, when there are numerous complaints on Crackberry about any device or feature of a device, people are quick to say that you don't get a true representation of the general public because people that are satisfied generally don't speak out. You can't have it both ways. Quoting a Crackberry poll only proves that the those who like surepress are those that obsess over anything blackberry anyway, not a true representation of the public in general.

Bottom line, it's a failure!
    Wow. You really need to learn what failure means. (for reference, see: Palm Pre)

THAT'S a failure. You're just having a negative opinion for the sake of having one, with no real true evidence, base argument, or logic behind your claims of such grand 'failure'. (Which experience has taught me you either a) Just like to be a d*ck or b) You're about 16 and your friends all hate the Storm and the fact that you can't do 'cool swipey-things' to change your app screens confuses and upsets all your bubbley icon minds, and so you troll around the boards looking for any opportunity to put it down) The Storm2 (and Storm in some markets) would not still be on the shelves if it was such a huge disappointment and 'failure'. I don't know whether you lost a family member to a tragic clicking accident or something, but you need to take your hate-on for SurePress somewhere else. You don't even own the device, so don't sit here and b*tch about a technology you don't even use, and many, MANY others enjoy.
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 05-16-10 at 06:20 AM.
    05-16-10 06:15 AM
    Wow. You really need to learn what failure means. (for reference, see: Palm Pre)

THAT'S a failure. You're just having a negative opinion for the sake of having one, with no real true evidence, base argument, or logic behind your claims of such grand 'failure'. (Which experience has taught me you either a) Just like to be a d*ck or b) You're about 16 and your friends all hate the Storm and the fact that you can't do 'cool swipey-things' to change your app screens confuses and upsets all your bubbley icon minds, and so you troll around the boards looking for any opportunity to put it down) The Storm2 (and Storm in some markets) would not still be on the shelves if it was such a huge disappointment and 'failure'. I don't know whether you lost a family member to a tragic clicking accident or something, but you need to take your hate-on for SurePress somewhere else. You don't even own the device, so don't sit here and b*tch about a technology you don't even use, and many, MANY others enjoy.
    Sorry pal. Even though I wish that I could be 16 again, I don't think that it's gonna happen. For the record though, I've owned BOTH storms and that is why I don't like surepress. If surepress is the overwhelming success that you claim it is, why would they even consider dropping it? But then again, that's RIM for ya!
    05-16-10 07:17 AM
    I hate surepress on the Storm1...not sure how it was on the 2nd one, but can't imagine it being that much better.

05-16-10 07:49 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD