I've been very sceptical of using it because it just didn't seem like it could possibly work that well, but I'm definitely a new fan! My speed has increased and once I let go of control and trusted suretype to get it right I was off and running. I love it. I'm so surprised that it works so well. For those who were like me, give it a try.
    02-04-09 07:02 PM
    SureType is the bomb (once you get used to it lol)!
    02-04-09 07:06 PM
    I was the same - I now use SureType exclusively and only ever switch to landscape if there's a word that SureType just can't seem to get right.

Once I'm done with the message then I typically add that word to my custom dictionary so that SureType knows it the next time.

So I agree - all landscape typers; give SureType a chance
    02-04-09 07:10 PM
    SureType is the bomb (once you get used to it lol)!
    I like it so well I'm thinking I might want a pearl flip phone now. I have always liked the flip style and I'm thinking it may be a good fit now. It sounds like verizon might be getting them in soon too. I would have a hard time giving up the storm's big screen though.
    02-04-09 07:12 PM
    I was the same - I now use SureType exclusively and only ever switch to landscape if there's a word that SureType just can't seem to get right.

Once I'm done with the message then I typically add that word to my custom dictionary so that SureType knows it the next time.

So I agree - all landscape typers; give SureType a chance
    I'll be doing the same from now on. I was getting pretty good on the landscape keyboard too, but suretype just blows it away.
    02-04-09 07:14 PM
    This post inspired me to try typing with it real quick and I ended up with "I like how you senelllll." I keep hitting L instead of backspace.
    02-04-09 07:15 PM
    it took me a little bit to get used to it, but now i can type WAY faster than any other form, and since after time the phone has adapted for the words that i want it to use, its gotten better and better. suretype is the only way for me!
    02-04-09 07:17 PM
    This post inspired me to try typing with it real quick and I ended up with "I like how you senelllll." I keep hitting L instead of backspace.
    that's funny, but give it a longer test. write out several sentences and see how you do. I watch my fingers and don't even look at what i'm typing and 99% of the time it's right on the money.
    02-04-09 07:19 PM
    does it pick up custom words aswell?
    02-04-09 07:25 PM
    that's funny, but give it a longer test. write out several sentences and see how you do. I watch my fingers and don't even look at what i'm typing and 99% of the time it's right on the money.
    lol yeah I just did a short one because I knew it'd be amusing.

I just typed your post while only looking at my fingers. I ended up with:
    "That's funny, but give it a longer test. Writw out zecreal sentences and are you do. I watch my dimgers and don't even lokSt what imimh and 99% of the Rome its right on the money."

LOL. Half my issue is that I find the size of the keyboard uncomfortable for one thumb and I don't know how to divide up the keyboard if I use both. I don't know what happened to "how."
    02-04-09 07:34 PM
    lol yeah I just did a short one because I knew it'd be amusing.

I just typed your post while only looking at my fingers. I ended up with:
    "That's funny, but give it a longer test. Writw out zecreal sentences and are you do. I watch my dimgers and don't even lokSt what imimh and 99% of the Rome its right on the money."

LOL. Half my issue is that I find the size of the keyboard uncomfortable for one thumb and I don't know how to divide up the keyboard if I use both. I don't know what happened to "how."
    I use both thumbs. I find that you hit the wrong keys a lot if you use only one. i just visually divide it in half. your mistakes are mostly due to using one finger i'm pretty sure.
    02-04-09 07:43 PM
    does it pick up custom words aswell?
    yes, it learns as you use it and you can add custom words to the dictionary too. it gets better the more you use it.
    02-04-09 07:44 PM
    Well I typed some of that with both thumbs and some with just one and neither option felt right. I guess because it's five rows it doesn't feel right or something.
    02-04-09 07:48 PM
    A friend told me the best way to use suretype is to not look at the screen when you are typing. It's kind of hard not to do that though, and I find myself going and correcting the word before I give the device a chance too. I will have to trust it a little more, but I have grown to love suretype.
    02-04-09 07:52 PM
    suretype is quick- well alot quicker than landscape!
    the landscape would have been cool or worth at least a little bit of something if they didnt have such a large gap between the letters. although when i was using T9 texting on my old phone i was faster on that. sometimes the BB cant keep up with my typing at least i got used to it and do like it now. the only problem i have been having is typing and driving (please do not comment on this being unsafe, thank you). Before - well with a phone that has real buttons i culd really feel my way around and then just glance to see if i was typing correctly but now theres more looking. ive only have had my bb storm for 1.5 months and before i wasnt sure but im really starting to love it. you really have to learn alot before judging this phone in anyway. but to stay on topic yes i wasnt sure but now i am that they did a great job with the suretype and click screen
    02-04-09 08:07 PM
    I use suretype when I'm typing notes, texts, or anything real quick (such as answering questions on these forums). But when I have to type something very long, I prefer to use the landscape keyboard because my hands are more at rest and don't tire as easily. But if I had to put a percentage for this, I would say 89% suretype and 11% landscape qwerty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ArmaK; 02-04-09 at 08:32 PM.
    02-04-09 08:29 PM
    Lovin suretype since I got my storm... thought it would be garbage but it is really surprising... great job yet again RIM
    02-04-09 08:32 PM
    I think it needs work. It suggest words that don't exist, which is totally ridiculous. Also there isn't a way to directly edit out words that it "learns", which is weak.
    02-04-09 08:36 PM
    yes that was a question i had. why are there non words in the dictionary? and we cant take them out? i know it can learn but i have been having some problems with that to. example- i like to type the letter K for short, instead of okay. the j comes out everytime as a word instead of the programed word k. ive been just saying j now instead of k. this phone is changing my language!!!!
    02-04-09 08:48 PM
    K
    If you notice the blue hilighter on the j and wait the phone will give you a choice.
    Written entirely in SureType. SureType is already in the dictionary btw.

02-04-09 09:35 PM
    I thought SureType sucked when I first used it. Once I took the time to learn to use it I was amazed!
    02-04-09 09:50 PM
    K
    If you notice the blue hilighter on the j and wait the phone will give you a choice.
    Written entirely in SureType. SureType is already in the dictionary btw.

are you saying when i press J/K , choose the k instead of the j?
    j isnt a word so if i push the j/k button and press spacebar it should automatically choose the only programmed word available.
    02-04-09 09:56 PM
    I thought SureType sucked when I first used it. Once I took the time to learn to use it I was amazed!

i agree with you but just curious- were you and anyone else who loves suretype now a T9 user in the past?? The T9 program was out years ago and chose words better. If the same buttons had multiple words on it, it would beginwriting the word you type more often. it also allowed to add AND delete words from the dictionary. Also i havent found this button yet but when the same typed keys had mutiple words - you could hit the spacebar and it would give you the next word you used most. i wonder if we have such a button?
    02-04-09 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD