So..... I purchased a storm on release date and was very disappointed. not with the device itself because I understand that it is new and will have bugs but because the internal antennae wasnt as good as the curve and with living on a fringe area the curve would have service in my home and the storm would not. So I switched back to the curve and my addiction for a storm, three jack and cokes later and credit card I decided to buy a network extender when they were released and order a STORM at full price just to have.

Network extender works great, activated the storm and was suprised how well this was constructed compared to the three in the past I had to send back due to the service issue, broken screen, and click problems. the .75 worked well with hardly any issues. I immediately posted on my favorite web site crackberry to see what the storm owners though was the best build so far.... After about an hour of reading I uploaded .103. WOW the darn thing works great.

I have only one issue which is a severe memory leak that I am assumming is from google maps or mycall logs. AND yes I have deleted all unused applications and have done evrything I have read about to enhance memory leak. I do a battery pull every morning but by noon today I was at a CRAZY 7.4.

So if youreturned your storm because of anxiety over issues believe me the storm is a much better device today.. Or maybe I am a lucky owner and honestly I NEVER HAVE ANY GOOD LUCK.
    02-19-09 02:32 PM
    .103 + steelers fans = epic win for everyone
    02-19-09 03:43 PM
    I know the answer and the fix for the memory leak. Too bad you're a Steeler's fan.

Go Browns!
    02-19-09 03:46 PM
    That doesn't satisfy the conditions for a memory leak, but more importantly, do you notice any major performance loss? Unlike older BBs, the Storm won't go deleting your email or contacts if you get low on free app mem.
    02-19-09 03:47 PM
    I am wondering the same thing, but At the same time checked my memory once and it was at 256 KB but still running perfectly.
    But even after a fresh reboot I have never been over 26.5 MB. Running .75

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 03:53 PM
    i need to know this also. my app memory is never above 25mb. How do i remove apps like facebook and flickr. Apps should not be using memory if there not on, right???? When i hold the menu key down, it only shows BB Messenger, phone, home, web, and messeges. So why the low app memory? what is a battery pull? Please help, search sucks, i tried.
    02-19-09 08:11 PM
    i need to know this also. my app memory is never above 25mb. How do i remove apps like facebook and flickr. Apps should not be using memory if there not on, right???? When i hold the menu key down, it only shows BB Messenger, phone, home, web, and messeges. So why the low app memory? what is a battery pull? Please help, search sucks, i tried.
    a battery pull means to shut down your phone, and pull the battery. you should pull it for at least 17 seconds. this lets the electrons settle down a little bit.

sorry, that is a joke. pull the battery for at least 2 seconds. this allows the device to reset.

i think that you would be better off running the 103 build of the os, as it is written for cdma networks, as opposed to gsm networks.

i won't bore you with details, they are different. it is like speaking mexican or spanish. they sound similar, but you don't walk around in Spain saying the things you hear in LA.

you will probably see a huge memory gain as the too communication protocols use totally different language for access.

chloe told me that.
    02-19-09 09:16 PM
    its actually the .103/.106 hybrid but thanks for the response. i got rid of VZ Nav and Visual Voice mail and now im running at 40mb.
    02-19-09 11:07 PM
    I'm running a **** load of apps and I'm usually at 42 MB between pulls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 11:18 PM
    I never see over 35. I try to watch it often and when it gets low I do the battery pull. I know its tough though to pull a battery with 6 SUPERBOWL RINGS !!! LOL but I manage
    02-19-09 11:48 PM
    Does the network extender make a big difference?
    02-20-09 02:53 PM
    Does the network extender make a big difference?
    1 bar to full bars It will not extend 3G though.
    02-21-09 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD