If this is an official OS why has kevin still not posted this in the blogs? He usually even posts new betas, let alone official operating systems. What do you guys thin?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 10:23 AM
    If this is an official OS why has kevin still not posted this in the blogs? He usually even posts new betas, let alone official operating systems. What do you guys thin?

It's NOT an official update...
    03-24-09 10:27 AM
    Cus it is all speculation. Its not official and with the way vzw does testing idk if this is the one. The mms issue is enough to fail this one.

03-24-09 10:27 AM
    That's what I figured.

03-24-09 10:28 AM

Exactly. That one of the main reasons why I don't think this is an official update. Usually after an official update, we see headlines not just on crackberry, but other big phone sites like boygeniusreport, engadgetmobile, blackberrycool etc..
    03-24-09 10:32 AM
    NDA? Just a thought.
    03-24-09 10:37 AM
    Yes, but KM usually reports leaked betas as well. Does this not fit the bill?

03-24-09 10:37 AM
    Cus it is all speculation. Its not official and with the way vzw does testing idk if this is the one. The mms issue is enough to fail this one.

100% Totally agreed. With the MMS not working for some people, theres no way Verizon would make this an official release. Its basically a leak that is dupped as an official supposidly comming out soon. That isnt right. And people shouldnt post that on here. Some people will go there and download that because they think its official because that person "said so". And they will fry there phones and cause themselves problems. Totally useless and pointless. This agrivation needs to be resolved.
    03-24-09 10:38 AM
    Not to point fingers......but.... This would be a non-issue if the mods were doing their required functions.

But that is just my opinion. From what I can tell, utter chaos is the norm around here and the mods give me the impression that it may even be encouraged from their lack of controlling the forums.

Again, my opinion.
    03-24-09 10:53 AM
    Mods aren't the issue. Uneducated and ignorant users are. Its ok to not know what's going on. But to ignore even the basic of self reliant steps such as search or PMing a user as opposed to starting a new thread? Absurd.

I bet kevin is sleeping in. .113 isn't big news. It won't even be official.

03-24-09 10:59 AM
    Mods aren't the issue. Uneducated and ignorant users are. Its ok to not know what's going on. But to ignore even the basic of self reliant steps such as search or PMing a user as opposed to starting a new thread? Absurd.

So it isn't the duty of the mods to control what is posted by the "Uneducated Users"?

I'm sorry, but I frequent many different forums related to many different industries and products and this one is by far the most chaotic. They just let everyone run amok with no repercussions and no moderation.
    03-24-09 11:03 AM
    Im not worried about anything official. I do however wonder why this hasnt been blogged about. Not very often an OS gets leaked and no blog made about it. Probably no reason for it, but Im curious.
    03-24-09 11:04 AM

I agree. But it's become so bad that the search function is almost useless in most situations b/c of the huge # of uselss posts in a thread. This makes it hard for the new members who put up a question and get flamed to do a search..Viscious circle..
    03-24-09 11:05 AM
    So it isn't the duty of the mods to control what is posted by the "Uneducated Users"?

I'm sorry, but I frequent many different forums related to many different industries and products and this one is by far the most chaotic. They just let everyone run amok with no repercussions and no moderation.
    Not totally true..there is moderation..It's not extremely strict though..that COULD be something that might need to change..I for one wouldn't like this b/c it takes away from what this is really all about..A place for people to come together and discuss...but it's reached a point where something needs to get done..
    03-24-09 11:07 AM
    I agree. But it's become so bad that the search function is almost useless in most situations b/c of the huge # of uselss posts in a thread. This makes it hard for the new members who put up a question and get flamed to do a search..Viscious circle..
    That, again, should be moderated.
    03-24-09 11:08 AM

Not to mention VZW likely won't know if its worthy of release until lots of testing. After which point, why would they keep it for 1 or even 2 weeks after KNOWING its worthy of release? It's in their best interests to release an OS that fixes problems ASAP. The reason we won't know until 1-2 days before is because thats probably all the time it takes for them to prep for mass deployment.
    03-24-09 11:14 AM
    Im not worried about anything official. I do however wonder why this hasnt been blogged about. Not very often an OS gets leaked and no blog made about it. Probably no reason for it, but Im curious.
    Does seem a bit odd that there isn't more press on this one. Only thing I could find was a blog post over at BlackberryOS flatly stating that there is no way that .113 is official. Other than that, radio silence.
    03-24-09 11:18 AM
    Does seem a bit odd that there isn't more press on this one. Only thing I could find was a blog post over at BlackberryOS flatly stating that there is no way that .113 is official. Other than that, radio silence.
    yeah, odd. Like BGR never reported nothing on it. BBsync. Notta. Just weird
    03-24-09 11:19 AM
    i think someone just leaked the .113 , and since everyone was talking about a official lately, they jumped on it . Im thinking Kevin knows this and it isnt much different the .114 and decided not to talk about it .

my 2 cents , something seems fishy about this , so i will stay with Hybrid V2 for now , until i read more reviews

also there is no way this can become an official , not if MMS doesnt work . Verizon call center wouldnt be able to handle all the calls

the next official , will have to be perfect , maybe not fast , but everything will at least have to work
    03-24-09 11:23 AM

Agreed - my experience on other forums is similar to yours. Only difference is the number of posts on this forum is really very large even compared to another large forum for a non-BB topic that I frequent.
    03-24-09 11:32 AM
    My MMS does work on .113. I have sent BOTH pictures I copied from the internet AND pictures from my camera.
    03-24-09 11:48 AM
    Being a noob here I have kept fairly silent on issues such as this... but I will say this is probably one of the worst moderated boards I have seen. I say that as a mod of another board, a politics board at that.

The fact that personal attacks, repeatitive threads and off topic threads are allowed show the lack of moderation.

If the issue is lack of mods, make more, give them limited abilities till they prove themself. **** only make them a mod of one forum or sub forum at a time. Do something though.

It brings down the decorum of the forum. It makes the info here hard to find and turns off new users that may or may not have valuable information.

Just my .02 take it for what it's worth.
    03-24-09 11:52 AM
    why this "leaked" OS has the word "official" in every thread title is beyond me other than everyone wants an official one so bad. i completely agree as a newb the search function is almost useless in most instances then people act like someone is an ***** because they ask a question. lucky for me i must have stumbled on some of the nicer users who were very helpful.

fwiw at this point 113 is working great and is faster than the 114 i was running without all the copying files and things related to that
    03-24-09 11:56 AM
    The whole point is misleading titles in threads about operating systems. The thread calling .113 official should have been changed immediately, to call it official misleads uninformed user to perhaps down load it and try it. This is the mods function ?
    03-24-09 12:01 PM
    This version is not offical. I just spoke with a friend of mine who works in VZW technical support in a corporate store he said that the corporate techs do currently have the new os to be released in the next few weeks, he said that they are currently running it on thier phones and it should be officially released in a few weeks but he could not tell me exactly when. And he will be trying to see exactly what build it is. (.114,.113,.11000000000) or whatever and he will call me this eve to tell me. Stay tuned....

I am currently using .75 and Im just going to wait if its that close.
    03-24-09 12:23 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD