Please see your post below. The bolded part.
    Yeah that's what I'm talking about. CDMA/GSM devices will reach 3G overseas.
    05-30-09 04:33 PM
    lol forget it, my question is not if the storm 2 will be able to use 3g gsm overseas, im asking if i unlocked a storm 2, and got it to run on ATT just like people do with the storm 1, will it use att 3g. crucial im not sure what hspa is?

edit: read blackmanns post. ook so basically att users that want to use the storm are screwed, cause att wants us to flock to the damn iphone. lol. but basically everything is still rumors and speculations and the only way to know is to do it once the phone comes out. but i have a feeling its gonna remain the same as the storm 1
    Last edited by ed-flip; 05-30-09 at 04:42 PM.
    05-30-09 04:37 PM
    lol forget it, my question is not if the storm 2 will be able to use 3g gsm overseas, im asking if i unlocked a storm 2, and got it to run on ATT just like people do with the storm 1, will it use att 3g. crucial im not sure what hspa is?

edit: read blackmanns post. ook so basically att users that want to use the storm are screwed, cause att wants us to flock to the damn iphone. lol. but basically everything is still rumors and speculations and the only way to know is to do it once the phone comes out. but i have a feeling its gonna remain the same as the storm 1
    No you're missing the point. Telus has the current version of the Storm. Therefore they will carry the new Storm 2. Telus is currently a CDMA network, however later this year they're moving to HSPA(3G). Well Canada isn't overseas, therefore it will not be the 2100MHz HSPA bands they use. It will be NA 3G frequencies. It is a possibility you can get the Telus version of the Storm 2 and have it work on AT&T's 3G network.
    05-30-09 05:32 PM
    Yeah that's what I'm talking about. CDMA/GSM devices will reach 3G overseas.
    No, you said the Storm 2 won't work on 3G here in the states. However, you don't really know if it will or not is my point.
    05-30-09 05:32 PM
    No, you said the Storm 2 won't work on 3G here in the states. However, you don't really know if it will or not is my point.
    Oh I apologize. But if the Storm 2 is just like the first Storm, same bands, and CDMA/GSM then it'll get 3G overseas.
    05-30-09 05:36 PM
    Oh I apologize. But if the Storm 2 is just like the first Storm, same bands, and CDMA/GSM then it'll get 3G overseas.
    Well yes correct, that goes without saying. However, everyone is forgetting that one of the current carriers offerering the 9530 is switching to HSPA instead of CDMA. I shouldn't need to explain any further.
    05-30-09 05:40 PM
    Well yes correct, that goes without saying. However, everyone is forgetting that one of the current carriers offerering the 9530 is switching to HSPA instead of CDMA. I shouldn't need to explain any further.
    Hmm, a HSPA Storm 2. Should be very interesting.
    05-30-09 05:42 PM
    ooh ok thanks crucial that makes sense now. well that should be cool if it turns out to be correct.
    05-30-09 05:43 PM
    Hmm, a HSPA Storm 2. Should be very interesting.
    Well, you don't think they're only going to upgrade/update the 9530 and not the 9500?? Of course not. My point is, and it doesn't happen very often, but Telus is switching to HSPA. They're obviously going to want to carry the new Storm.... Their HSPA will be NA 3G frequencies. So.....
    05-30-09 05:49 PM
    Well, you don't think they're only going to upgrade/update the 9530 and not the 9500?? Of course not. My point is, and it doesn't happen very often, but Telus is switching to HSPA. They're obviously going to want to carry the new Storm.... Their HSPA will be NA 3G frequencies. So.....
    Hmm, I'm starting to think this is one of those big upgrades on the Storm 2's. Adding the HSPA NA frequencies.
    05-30-09 05:59 PM
    Hmm, I'm starting to think this is one of those big upgrades on the Storm 2's. Adding the HSPA NA frequencies.
    Well technically they're(NA 3G bands) already there. Question is will the be accessible....
    05-30-09 06:07 PM
    Well technically they're(NA 3G bands) already there. Question is will the be accessible....
    I foresee a firmware lock. Thanks, CX. I would steal a baby for you, if you didn't already have one.

Seriously, I thank you for your input. It's greatly appreciated, at least by me .
    05-30-09 09:46 PM
    Telus going to HSDPA is a very good choice IMO.
    05-30-09 09:54 PM
    Telus going to HSDPA is a very good choice IMO.
    They will finally get talk + data. Yay! Too bad I'm on Verizon......
    05-30-09 10:19 PM
    If the storm 2 will does end up working on NA 3G, then I have my 2nd BB already picked out.
    06-02-09 02:02 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD