so will the storm 2 support 3g on the gsm side
    05-30-09 01:40 PM
    Ofcourse it will , along with wi fi
    05-30-09 01:59 PM
    thank god lol cause the storm one sucks on att
    05-30-09 02:14 PM
    Yeah lol , but thats because your running it unlocked , when its actually on ATT it will run waaay faster.
    05-30-09 02:17 PM
    what are you talking about the storm 2 is gonna be exactly the same as 1, except for hopefully it will have 3g on the gsm side
    05-30-09 02:32 PM
    Very good, the storm 2 is going to be the exact same , minus the fact that it will be on GSM aswell, and you dont even know about storm 1 on gsm (9520) because it never came out , what i am saying is that because all you have to go on now is an unlocked cdma model , the true storm 2 gsm , internet wise , will be waay faster.
    05-30-09 02:40 PM
    well isnt the storm 2 gonna be cdma/gsm? so the question is that gsm side will be 3g or no? i read about the 9520. since the storm 2 is going to verizon this has already been established, technically i will have to run it unlocked.
    05-30-09 02:52 PM
    btw thanks mod for changing the title
    05-30-09 02:55 PM
    well isnt the storm 2 gonna be cdma/gsm? so the question is that gsm side will be 3g or no? i read about the 9520. since the storm 2 is going to verizon this has already been established, technically i will have to run it unlocked.
    Yeah it will be cdma/gsm , but when then stictly gsm modle comes out , then yes it will be 3g, but if your running it unlocked like most people are now with storm 1 , it wont be 3g.
    05-30-09 02:57 PM
    so they plan on making a storm 2 that only runs on gsm
    05-30-09 02:58 PM
    Yup , which i believe why the 9520 was put off , because they are just going to launch a storm 2 based on only gsm as well.
    05-30-09 03:00 PM
    Yeah it will be cdma/gsm , but when then stictly gsm modle comes out , then yes it will be 3g, but if your running it unlocked like most people are now with storm 1 , it wont be 3g.
    Wasn't that suppose to come out a while ago? You might not know what I'm talking about, but I think you do. But over seas won't the Storm 2 still support 3G? It has the bands I believe.
    05-30-09 03:00 PM
    LOL , yes ... yes i do. and yah over seas , idk, i mean i think its just an issue with the unlocked storms on att , not reaching full 3g
    05-30-09 03:02 PM
    i get a suspicion you guys are trying to make fun of me. anyways i know about the 9520...the storm 1 will reach 3g on overseas but not on att. im asking if the NEW storm 2 will be able to reach 3g on american gsm network
    05-30-09 03:05 PM
    Were not trying to make fun of you... , and yes when its a gsm only storm , it will , but if its a cdma/gsm , unlocked from verizon and running on att, i dont think so.
    05-30-09 03:08 PM
    i get a suspicion you guys are trying to make fun of me. anyways i know about the 9520...the storm 1 will reach 3g on overseas but not on att. im asking if the NEW storm 2 will be able to reach 3g on american gsm network
    No we're not doing that. It's just different bands in the Storms that are CDMA/GSM will reach 3G overseas on GSM carriers and not in the states. But if it's a pure GSM device, like the GSM Storm 2 it'll reach 3G in the states just nice.
    05-30-09 03:10 PM
    No we're not doing that. It's just different bands in the Storms that are CDMA/GSM will reach 3G overseas on GSM carriers and not in the states. But if it's a pure GSM device, like the GSM Storm 2 it'll reach 3G in the states just nice.
    Are you sure about this?? I don't believe you are. I believe you're guessing.

All I will say is think about what's happening with a Canadian carrier in Sept.
    05-30-09 03:13 PM
    thats what i was talking about, now if they make a gsm only storm 2 that would be great but i just havent heard about it.
    im not sure what you mean crucial
    im not sure what you mean crucial
    Telus is rolling out it's HSPA network this year. Now I'm not saying the new Storm will or won't support NA 3G frequencies, but those people who are just dismissing it as fact, should think about it....
    05-30-09 03:22 PM

This entire thread has a ton of guesses dude!
    05-30-09 03:27 PM
    This entire thread has a ton of guesses dude!
    Yes , it does , see if i wink , i can pretend to be cool too
    05-30-09 03:30 PM

Are you talking bout the Telus rollout? But that's not what I'm talking about. And if I'm not mistaken you said that the Storm 3G will work over seas I believe. Maybe it was something else. And if the Storm 2 has the same bands, it'll work over seas on 3G. Right?
    05-30-09 03:31 PM
    I dont see the VZW branded storm 2 to support the NA 3G bands. The unlocking of the device to use on At&T and Tmo is something that verizon takes seriously. As it will be a world phone there will be oversea's 3G but I doubt at&T.. Though the telus thing does bring up a point... hmmmmm
    05-30-09 03:40 PM
    Are you talking bout the Telus rollout? But that's not what I'm talking about. And if I'm not mistaken you said that the Storm 3G will work over seas I believe. Maybe it was something else. And if the Storm 2 has the same bands, it'll work over seas on 3G. Right?
    Please see your post below. The bolded part.

I dont see the VZW branded storm 2 to support the NA 3G bands. The unlocking of the device to use on At&T and Tmo is something that verizon takes seriously. As it will be a world phone there will be oversea's 3G but I doubt at&T.. Though the telus thing does bring up a point... hmmmmm
    haha. Verizon, no. But with Telus making the switch to HSPA this year, makes it interesting huh?
    05-30-09 04:30 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD