Hey all,

I work for an authorized retailer and my boss who will order the storms said that she is being informed by Verizon directly that we will not be able to order as many as we originally wanted because of a supply cut back due to some sort of hold up. I wouldn't take this as concrete, but this is what I'm hearing and as an employee, I am being told to notify all my customers that it will be LIMITED supply and first come, first serve, list or no list.

Good thing mine is ordered through Telesales.
    11-19-08 03:35 PM
    Yes I heard this too.

It sucks.
    11-19-08 03:36 PM
    I think verizon is pull the old "we can't make enough" advertising trick. Look at all the video game systems and iPhones etc they don't make enough on launch on purpose. Then it gets blasted all over the media that the STORM is the thing to get and if you ever see it in stores you should get it because you would be one of the lucky few to own one. It's a great way to advertise but at the same time it also sucks because some people that really want one wont be able to get them.
    11-19-08 03:39 PM
    supply and demand rules...
    11-19-08 03:41 PM
    Yea I'm prolly SOL Friday. I just called my local verizon corp store and he said they got word back today from warehouse they will only be receiving 6-11 Storms in for the Friday release. I asked him what time they are opening and he said 7am. I asked if I got there at 6:30am would I have a good chance, and he said no idea, that he has talked to 5 people today who asked same question and all of them said they would be there at 6am. He also said that another rep he talked to told him that she talked to 7 people that said they would be there at 6am as well. Earliest I'm able to arrive will be about 6:30 so I'll prolly be SOL for buying one on Friday
    11-19-08 03:41 PM
    I agree with Lakewood. This is likely a deliberate marketing ploy. However, even if it is, it could keep supply down.

Vzw did this last xmas with the crappy voyager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 03:43 PM
    yea that's why I did the deposit at best buy as a back up
    11-19-08 03:44 PM
    people...you will be fine....stop worrying...this isnt the revolutionary iphone or ps3 OR xbox360....you'll be fine....i called my local store and some to the DM and he said he recieved word just a few minutes ago to expect a shipment of 100-120 Storms....
    11-19-08 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD