05-31-09 01:25 PM
42 12
tools
    I use 100, 100, 6 too. I find it the most ideal for the speed that I type without getting any lag.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 09:08 PM
    Turn off spel check. Options -> spell check. Disable auto correction. Helps a bunch! Btw this is for landscape typing. Sure type still works like normal in portrait mode.

05-17-09 09:29 PM
    key rate really only pertains to the hard keys below the screen. I had set it to fast and had all kinds of problems with the functionality of my bb button. Normal is my setting
    05-17-09 09:35 PM
    The only thing that holds my testing back is crap that's stuck under the screen plate and restricts me from pushing down quick and easy.

05-17-09 09:53 PM
    It takes a week I went from lg to this I was so mad at it now I back to my 16000 texts a month on it

05-17-09 10:15 PM
    i put a folded business card on top of the battery.....
    WHAT A IMPROVEMENT!!!!!!
    05-30-09 11:58 AM
    first off, you NEED to upgrade your OS to at least .148, if not a hybrid. .147 should go official tomorrow (according to rumors), so you don't have to worry about voiding your warranty if your one of those people. the upgrade massively improves typing, and i switch between suretype and full keypad depending on my mood. its great to have a full keypad in landscape mode finally lol
    05-30-09 03:41 PM
    Typing in mutitap or landscape works for me. my settings are still factory. I does take some getting used to, be patient, your about to return a great device! Also, in landscape mode type on the left side with your left thumb and the right side with your right thumb, its designed that way. I hope it gets easier for you.
    05-30-09 04:27 PM
    Mine is set this ways works great for me

key tone: off
    key rate: fast
    portrait: suretype

Tap interval: 100
    Hover period:100
    swipe sensitivity: (high)6
    05-30-09 09:20 PM
    There is definitely a learning curve when transitioning from a "button-board" to a "touch-board"... I took me a couple weeks to get used to touch-tying. I've had a Storm since 6am the day it was released and haven't found a single reason to return it despite OS issues.

I AVERAGE 6,000 text messages a month and wouldn't trade my Storm in for any "button-board" phone. Touch is the next rest stop we've reached on the technology super highway...

Some tips for you...
    #1: Upgrade to 4.7.0.148, it's official tomorrow Sunday 5/31 at 3pm ET
    #2: Cool your jets, it takes a bit to learn any touch device, especially a cornerstone Surepress touch device
    #3: Optimize your settings, I have mine at 100, 100, 6 (Since you don't like autotext or predictive typing methods, turn them all off)
    #4: Type with your thumbPADs, not thumbNAILs

I've become so acustomed to my Storm and touch-typing I can cross my thumbs over the keyboard and even use the portrait full QWERTY board with very few mistakes...

Give it some time bro, it's a great phone with a decent sized learning curve, but well worth patiently learning it.
    Last edited by eMpTy43; 05-30-09 at 11:55 PM.
    05-30-09 11:43 PM
    So now I can't wait to try these settings on my phone.

Funny though, how people say their typing is so fast and accurate yet they have so many errors and misspellings in their posts

Seriously though, I had a WinMo phone that I gave up for the Storm and it had the hard keys for the keyboard. I really wasn't much faster. I do correct a lot more with the Storm but it wasn't like the WinMo was that fast.

My biggest hurdle is getting the symbols quickly for smileys, etc. It's not like there is a tremendous lag or anything but the delay of a millisecond is noticeable and I often hit the wrong keys while waiting for the change.

Maybe these settings will help!

Cheers!

Jay
    05-30-09 11:53 PM
    Lol It took me about 2weeks to get my texting skills back on the storm

05-31-09 01:37 AM
    What does changing the tap interval and hoover period do?

05-31-09 02:56 AM
    I'm a texter. Everyday of my life, all I do, I don't give a **** (my new haircut). Back to topic I have the normal fast, 6, 100, 100 settings and I mainly use landscape. Took me about a good week or so to get used to the .75 slowness. But then I upgraded my OS and typing was a breeze.

05-31-09 06:59 AM
    Disabling AutoText does nothing. It still comes up with stupid word suggestions.
    05-31-09 09:56 AM
    The screen click issue is an easy one. Yes, the paper or business card in the back of the phone works. Also, if you have a torx #6 screwdriver just loosen the 2 screws in the back of your phone by a half turn or so. I did this and my screen works perfectly now..
    i use the dime trick works pretty good too might try the screw one tho
    05-31-09 12:52 PM
    Texting on the storm is. Terrible get the curve you will never look back. The storm is a paper wieght with a browser

05-31-09 01:25 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD