I've just today started to use the Calendar on the Storm and I'm pretty impressed. Once you start using the Storm for all these other tasks, you really find out how impressive a device it is.

Maybe this is just the usual for any BlackBerry device, but as I've said before, this is the first BlackBerry device I've ever owned and I'm extremely pleased with my experience. When you originally have the calendar set to display by "day" it doesn't look all that hot or impressive, but it's when you set it to "month" or "week" and start filling it up with reminders of birthdays, various other important events or simply just things that you want to be reminded about, that it starts to really showcase just how amazing a device it is. I'm pretty much using the Storm for everything these days.

I now refuse to write anything down with a pen unless I absolutely have to. Everything goes right into the Storm. There have been about 6 or 7 situations in the past week where I caught myself in the middle of writing something down and thought to myself, "What am I doing!?, I can just put this into my Storm"

I've arrived at a stage where I'm looking for just about any excuse to throw something into the Custom Dictionary, Calendar or Memo Pad at this point. This is even more true now that my typing on the Storm is pretty quick. What really puts this thing over the top is how incredibly fun it is to do all these little things on it. I never knew these things were so addicting.

I also thought it was cool how I was able to customize the type of reminder sound that I wanted. There is a pretty nice collection of sounds or tunes to choose from. I chose the Asian Morning one and set the volume to 8. I really like that one
    01-04-09 09:53 AM
    Now try Opions, AutoText. It's a whole new world of textual shortcuts.
    01-04-09 09:57 AM
    Glad you enjoy it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 10:07 AM
    Now try Opions, AutoText. It's a whole new world of textual shortcuts.
    lol, now you've gone and done it. I'm going to spend almost my entire sunday messing with this now.

The possibilities are endless!

Makes me think it would probably be a good idea to create one megathread on the most effective and creative textual shortcuts where people can just pick out ones that they feel serve their purpose.

Just made a SmartCase on heyhow it becomes "Hey, how's it going?"
    Last edited by Optimusv2; 01-04-09 at 11:38 AM.
    01-04-09 11:20 AM
    I love the calender and tasks. But i am trying to set up a reminder every third day? any idea how to do this?
    Last edited by stoli7oj; 03-25-09 at 01:21 AM. Reason: spelling
    03-25-09 01:20 AM
    tag...thanks
    03-25-09 07:27 AM
    Yeah, I think it's newish because my Curve with 4.2.2 didn't have it, but being able to setup a conference call and then dial the password with the touch of a button has been awesome for me.

I love the calender and tasks. But i am trying to set up a reminder every third day? any idea how to do this?
    Make it recurring, and then pick the interval. Or manually select the days of the week if it's only every 3 days during the week. Whatever you want.
    03-25-09 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD