First off, I am glad to finally see app world come to life, and I think the layout is decent. With that said, I am not to pleased with the pricing of the apps, and more importantly, the effort put into some of these apps. Rim obviously tests these apps before they hit the store, so shouldnt they be able to price them accordingly? I bought a fishing game, which I payed 3 dollars for, and it was horrible.. I figured it would be a casting game somewhat similar to the iphone one... Ok, one bad app, so I ended up spending 10 dollars on the car rally game, big mistake.. We have an accelerometer, why not put it to good use? In all honesty, Im just going to hold off on buying anymore games, and or other programs until things get a bit better.. I'm not trying to be negative here at all, just wondering why so little effort is going towards design. Its like buying a buggati, and never opening up the throttle any..

Maybe its just to early, and I should step aside, and let rim get things together.. Either way, I hope better things are to come in the future.. Many of these games rival thouse of which that were on the original game, with the green screen. Sorry about the rant, just a little frustrated my money went to waste on those 2 apps..

Comments welcome.
    04-01-09 10:27 PM
    I've purchased 5 games today and not one of them I will ever play again. Prices ranged from 2.99$ to 10$.

Most of the games aren't even compatible with the storm, yet they say they are.
    04-01-09 10:36 PM
    I downloaded AppWorld just to see what was up with it. The only thing that interested me was the French Dictionary, but I'm not paying 20 dollars for something I could get at a book store for around eight).
    04-01-09 10:36 PM
    the proverbial ball has already been set in motion towards iphone development. most of the people who would have jumped on a good software distro model already did and are developing for the iphone. due to the variety of blackberry models and discrepancy in input method, screen resolution, and memory, the blackberry platform is not a desirable arena for a lot of developers. theyd rather focus on one device that gives them more options. sure people could develop for just the storm but theres still the 128 meg memory limitation and an unused video accelerator. and until that is dealt with, we will be stuck with shoddy apps that try to straddle across different BB models, and made to jack around with compatibility mode, all the while hoping that our memory isnt too low
    04-01-09 10:37 PM
    Not what I liked to hear... I guess I will just continue to surf the net, and text on my phone then.. Too much money has been spent on poor apps... I hope things get better.
    04-01-09 10:50 PM
    I've purchased 5 games today and not one of them I will ever play again. Prices ranged from 2.99$ to 10$.

Most of the games aren't even compatible with the storm, yet they say they are.
    I am hoping that you purchased them to see what your fellow developers are creating. Because you have made some of the cleanest looking apps that I have seen for this phone to date. Not to mention the most functional.
    04-01-09 11:34 PM
    First off, I am glad to finally see app world come to life, and I think the layout is decent. With that said, I am not to pleased with the pricing of the apps, and more importantly, the effort put into some of these apps. Rim obviously tests these apps before they hit the store, so shouldnt they be able to price them accordingly? I bought a fishing game, which I payed 3 dollars for, and it was horrible.. I figured it would be a casting game somewhat similar to the iphone one... Ok, one bad app, so I ended up spending 10 dollars on the car rally game, big mistake.. We have an accelerometer, why not put it to good use? In all honesty, Im just going to hold off on buying anymore games, and or other programs until things get a bit better.. I'm not trying to be negative here at all, just wondering why so little effort is going towards design. Its like buying a buggati, and never opening up the throttle any..

Maybe its just to early, and I should step aside, and let rim get things together.. Either way, I hope better things are to come in the future.. Many of these games rival thouse of which that were on the original game, with the green screen. Sorry about the rant, just a little frustrated my money went to waste on those 2 apps..

Comments welcome.
    I hate to say it but I looked at the screen shot of that game and thought to myself that 2.99 was a bit much for a low quality game. I understand that the developers are here to make money but at the same time they need to put something out that is quality if they want people to buy it. At this point for games I am looking for anything that dmg is putting out because he seems to put a little more into his programs than a lot of these guys. Now I am not saying that I will not be purchasing any other developers apps but at this time dmg is setting a standard that I feel a lot of the other developers needs to step up to.
    04-01-09 11:40 PM
    the proverbial ball has already been set in motion towards iphone development. most of the people who would have jumped on a good software distro model already did and are developing for the iphone. due to the variety of blackberry models and discrepancy in input method, screen resolution, and memory, the blackberry platform is not a desirable arena for a lot of developers. theyd rather focus on one device that gives them more options. sure people could develop for just the storm but theres still the 128 meg memory limitation and an unused video accelerator. and until that is dealt with, we will be stuck with shoddy apps that try to straddle across different BB models, and made to jack around with compatibility mode, all the while hoping that our memory isnt too low
    Pretty much summed up everything right there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 11:48 PM
    I hate to say it but I looked at the screen shot of that game and thought to myself that 2.99 was a bit much for a low quality game. I understand that the developers are here to make money but at the same time they need to put something out that is quality if they want people to buy it. At this point for games I am looking for anything that dmg is putting out because he seems to put a little more into his programs than a lot of these guys. Now I am not saying that I will not be purchasing any other developers apps but at this time dmg is setting a standard that I feel a lot of the other developers needs to step up to.
    The car game was just about as horrible.. Why should I use the screen to turn? The whole phone should be the steering wheel.. Some of these designers just need to put it to rest. Very unhappy.
    04-02-09 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD