The Pogo stylus will work with the Storm contrary to those who say a stylus could never work. Now I'm not saying it will work better than your finger, but you can be much more precise where you touch. It does take a bit of practice to get good with it. Right out of the box I was a bit disappointed, but in a few minutes I could select any icon and any small text box on the screen. I think I can actually type as fast if not faster with the stylus. The key is to hold the sylus at about 45 degrees to the screen and touch lightly to slightly compress the rubber tip - you will click the screen the first dozen times or so. The first few times I was pressing to hard and clicked the screen. I know some of you are gagging at the thought of using a stylus and I don't use it full time.

Why use a stylus? Precision selection AND the ability to use the storm with gloves on. I have Bolt at xl text and still had problems selecting the main screen options - with the stylus that is no longer an issue. Scrolling the main screen is a bit difficult but can be done with practice - it will never be as easy as your finger.

I'm on the road alot (next stop Minot - re: gloves) or I would try to post a Youtube vid - Something I've never done before and not real sure how to do it in the first place. My only problem is where to keep the stylus when not in use - I'm sure some of you will have some very creative ideas.

(Damn another .90 lock up)
    01-31-09 12:20 PM
    Where did you purchase the Pogo stylus & how much?
    01-31-09 12:33 PM
    Just stick it in your pocket with your phone or you can be ghetto and velcro it to the back of the phone.
    01-31-09 12:37 PM
    Why would you need/want a stylus for? Just curious
    01-31-09 12:40 PM
    I thought I put that in the first post.

As to where and price. I don't remember the where part - I am not at my home computer at the moment. I paid 13.95 + 5.00 for shipping. Just google for it. The suggested retail is 19.95 on the pogo web site and most dealers.

It probably is not for everybody, but I find it useful at times. Just my observations. BTW not all of them work. MyBat is one of the non working ones.
    01-31-09 12:50 PM
    To me it would be easier using your finger
    01-31-09 12:52 PM
    I still use my built in digital stylus 75% of the time, but often miss the mark on small text boxes and selections. The stylus just more accurate in some situations.

Totally off topic. One of the things I like about the iPhone (please don't throw any shoes) is how the letter you have your finger on pops up. I'd love to see that in the storm.
    01-31-09 12:59 PM
    BTW I was in Cincinnati last week during the snow/sleet/freezing rain storm. I slipped chipping ice off of my retal car, bashed my head into the fender and broke my left thumb in the fall. So the Pogo comes in very handy now since one thumb typing is not my forte.
    01-31-09 01:07 PM
    I believe he mentioned why he used one in his post.. :-)
    01-31-09 01:11 PM
    I believe he mentioned why he used one in his post.. :-)
    word! Missed that...
    01-31-09 01:14 PM
    I can't say that the stylus is no good because I never tried it, but, I love using just my finger.
    01-31-09 01:22 PM
    While Bolt is in Beta, I think it would be a quick fix to navigate around. I don't know if I want to pay $20 though.

It probably would work well with people with big thumbs I guess..........
    01-31-09 01:38 PM
    Not trying to sell these, but this is the same as I have less expensive.
    Touch Screen Pen Stylus - Black: ExtremePDA
    01-31-09 05:13 PM
    a stylus on this phone is like a supercharger on a yugo
    01-31-09 07:12 PM
    Vroom vroom
    01-31-09 11:27 PM
    a stylus on this phone is like a supercharger on a yugo
    I lol'd and pooped a little bit

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD