on the original versions, what is the feature called where when the phone is vertical and you start typign a word, it predicts what the rest of the word will be?
    05-31-09 01:20 AM
    T9 or iTap.

EDIT: In the future, try not to make multiple posts. It clutters the forums and makes it harder for others to find what they're looking for.
    05-31-09 01:24 AM
    how does typing on the newer version work then?
    05-31-09 01:29 AM
    Ummm.... I've had my Storm long enough to remember .065 OS and don't remember T9 ever being an option. I've always used "Suretype" in portrait mode, and QWERTY in landscape. From what I remember there has only been two or three options: Suretype, Multitap, and with later OS's Full Keyboard. Suretype mode will guess words as you type, btw.
    05-31-09 01:35 AM
    so does the newest version have this as an option? thanks so much for your help, btw
    05-31-09 01:36 AM
    Predictive text. Idk. Lotta ???
    05-31-09 01:44 AM
    so does the newest version have this as an option? thanks so much for your help, btw
    Yes

10chars
    05-31-09 01:49 AM
    on the original versions, what is the feature called where when the phone is vertical and you start typign a word, it predicts what the rest of the word will be?
    I am pretty sure that it is called Suretype and the other one that is like normal cellphones is called Multi-tap. hope this helps!
    05-31-09 02:23 AM
    No, there was a glitch on the earlier versions where you could enable t9. It was achieved by doing some steps that I can't recall. Yes, sure type is predictive, but it uses the QWERTY layout whereas the t9 uses the multi-tap to use the predictive feature.
    05-31-09 05:16 AM
    All versions over .75 (I believe) got rid of the t9 glitch, and you could only use suretype, multi-tap, and then a full qwerty keyboard.
    05-31-09 05:17 AM
    so there's talk about how the qwerty is both directions now. are people having problems with their fingers hitting the wrong buttons and stuff? cause i have that with .75 when i hold it horizontally.

also, if i upgrade adn then decide i wanna go back, how do you do that? thanks
    05-31-09 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD