Well, I'm getting my replacement Storm today and I was just wondering a few things. I did back things up this time on my pc , but when I get the new one...what do I do next?? (very NEW at this whole thing) also does my PIN # stay the same? I don't want to lose everything like I did when I didn't back it up and downloaded the new OS.
    12-16-08 10:32 AM
    Well, I'm getting my replacement Storm today and I was just wondering a few things. I did back things up this time on my pc , but when I get the new one...what do I do next?? (very NEW at this whole thing) also does my PIN # stay the same? I don't want to lose everything like I did when I didn't back it up and downloaded the new OS.
    Use the switch device wizard in DM. The pin is specific to the device, so it will say "plug xyz pin in", back it up, then "plug the new device in". It transfers everything, although some apps may need reinstalled when launched. Should be fairly seamless though.
    12-16-08 10:42 AM
    I'm getting a replacement today and I'm wondering how the switch devices tool affects BB Messenger. Will all my contacts have to re-add me etc?
    12-16-08 11:17 AM
    It didn't copy all my wallpapers or pics , also I have to send my old phone back, how do I delete everything thats on there??
    Last edited by islandgal808; 12-16-08 at 02:38 PM.
    12-16-08 02:30 PM
    It didn't copy all my wallpapers or pics , also I have to send my old phone back, how do I delete everything thats on there??
    Options>Security Options>General Setings>Hit menu Button>Wipe Handheld.
    This is a wipe and will delete everything.
    12-16-08 02:43 PM
    Thanks vic, you're a lifesaver
    12-16-08 02:49 PM
    Those are probably on your SD card in the old phone. Make sure you swap SD cards.
    12-16-08 02:54 PM
    If you are on a BIS, you also need to log into the vzw site and register your new pin.
    12-16-08 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD