I installed the new OS 5 on my father's Storm. Now his sounds for calling, messages, etc sound like the speaker is broken. However when I go back in the sounds profile and change say the ringtone to what it was originally the sound is back to normal and it doesn't sound like the speaker is going out. Other problem is that some of his contacts have their own ringer when he never assigned anything to them.

How do I reset his sounds profile back to normal?

EDIT: Ignore the volume question. I still have no answer for how to reset the ringtones to default to my profile one.
    Last edited by ThatAnonymousGuy; 10-30-09 at 01:05 PM.
    10-26-09 10:24 PM
    The problem is the sounds in 5.0 are originally louder. You need to go into the sound profile and change the volume to something lower. This should fix that blown sound.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 10:33 PM
    The problem is the sounds in 5.0 are originally louder. You need to go into the sound profile and change the volume to something lower. This should fix that blown sound.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'll give that a try.

Any ideas about the different ringers for each contact all of a sudden?
    10-26-09 11:24 PM
    I'm having the same sound problems with my Storm. I only had one custom profile set and now all of a sudden all of my contacts have that particular ringtone. Also randomly my SMS sound changed. I tried everything, even made a custom profile and set it for that, yet it still has a mind of it's own.
    10-27-09 04:38 PM
    you gotta go into the sound settings and lower the volume on the sound settings since 5.0 is louder than 4.7
    10-27-09 06:17 PM
    Still waiting on an answer for the different ringer for each contact. How do I reset the ring tones for everyone to default to one?
    10-30-09 01:03 PM
    why not just go into the sounds setting and then go to set contact alerts and remove it?
    10-30-09 01:10 PM
    why not just go into the sounds setting and then go to set contact alerts and remove it?
    For ALL of my 749 contacts? There has to be an easier way to reset everything at once.
    10-30-09 01:17 PM
    For ALL of my 749 contacts? There has to be an easier way to reset everything at once.
    Man, 749 contacts? You must be a popular guy
    10-30-09 01:34 PM
    Man, 749 contacts? You must be a popular guy
    Well, you get that many contacts when you use the phone for both personal and business use.

Any solution to my issue?
    11-01-09 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD