ok is there a way to restore the my storm to factory default then only upload my address book and bb msg contacts but thats all
    05-21-09 09:09 PM
    What OS are you running now?

What information do you not want that is currently on the phone?
    05-21-09 09:10 PM
    .132 the only thing i want to keep is my blackberry msg contacts and the address book everthing else i have on my mem card
    05-21-09 09:19 PM
    So wouldnt it be easier to just delete the stuff you dont want.

Hook it up to your DM and you can erase it through there.
    05-21-09 09:25 PM
    So wouldnt it be easier to just delete the stuff you dont want.

Hook it up to your DM and you can erase it through there.
    OP could also wipe the phone back to factory defaults and then just do an advanced restore to replace contacts and BBM stuff, right? I have never done this, so I'm interested to know if that would work.
    05-21-09 09:27 PM
    OP could also wipe the phone back to factory defaults and then just do an advanced restore to replace contacts and BBM stuff, right? I have never done this, so I'm interested to know if that would work.
    Yep, it worked for me, dont remember exactlly how i did it, but it worked...

Edit: i guess i did it like you said.
    05-21-09 09:29 PM
    morf, this could be done as well, but depending on their comfort.

id hate for them to delete everything and not be able to get their contacts back or something of that nature.
    05-21-09 09:29 PM
    lol i have a current back -up. just want to take it back to factory defaults when i got my storm i used the device switch wizard and some goofy setting came over from my curve just want to se if i can get it back.
    05-21-09 09:33 PM
    what setting is it? maybe it can be reversed easily..
    05-21-09 09:33 PM
    it was a bunch of setting i had a funky them on my curve and all the fonts wher changed then none of my sounds would work on my storm it would turn off on its on i had the auto off set up to turn off at midnight but it would just power down at 11 or 10 just thought this would be easier and it was lol granted i had to go and set all my ringers again but they work now lol

thank you crackberry
    05-22-09 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD