View Poll Results: Experience with Storm by PRD

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • PRD-19502 (Canada) with no significant hardware issues

15 55.56%
  • PRD-10502 (Canada) with click/accelerometer/other significant hardware issue

3 11.11%
  • PRD-19502 (Mexico) with no significant hardware issues

4 14.81%
  • PRD-10502 (Mexico) with click/accelerometer/other significant hardware issue

3 11.11%
  • PRD-21009 (Canada) with no significant hardware issues

1 3.70%
  • PRD-21009 (Canada) with click/accelerometer/other significant hardware issue

0 0%
  • PRD-21009 (Mexico) with no significant hardware issues

1 3.70%
  • PRD-21009 (Mexico) with click/accelerometer/other significant hardware issue

0 0%
    Ok, so I don't know whether there are any differences in units with different PRD numbers, different quality control metrics, or whatever. But, we can take a sample survey, and given enough responses, we can know with high probability whether new Storms with different PRDs are more or less likely to have issues. So, I ask that only people that have owned new Storms vote, and only vote once per new Storm received.

Regardless of whether there is a difference in components, if one PRD is likely to be of higher quality, it may be worth knowing. I do not yet own a Storm, but plan to soon and am interested in these results before my purchase.

I do this sort of thing for a living and really enjoy it. Usually, we're helping the company (RIM) with this stuff, but I'm new to this community and know if we have statistically significant results, most of you would like to know.
    12-11-08 09:58 PM
    Sorry, it took me a bit to get the poll set up.

I'd also like to hear any discussion on the issue (it also keeps the poll at the top of the forum, allowing us to get the necessary number of responses).
    12-11-08 10:13 PM
    I could have sworn there was a thread on this already, or something very similar.
    12-11-08 10:20 PM
    my reasoning was to gather survey results instead of trying to draw conclusions from people arguing from individual/small sample experiences. You have to read many, many pages to draw inconclusive results from the other thread, whereas this could provide more significant answers in just one place (the survey results).

This is how big companies work to determine consumer reactions to new products. I'll be glad to let it be known when/if the results are statistically significant.
    12-11-08 10:26 PM
    I could have sworn there was a thread on this already, or something very similar.
    You mean this one? http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/hardware-poll-107728/

12-11-08 10:45 PM
    Sorry guys! Didn't know it'd already been done. Unfortunately, those results aren't statistically significant. Oh well.
    12-11-08 10:48 PM
    Had both, no major hardware difference between the two. Canadian version had better battery door fitment and only very slightly better overall build quality, Mexican version had better camera...
    12-11-08 10:49 PM
    I can say from my business experience, I would rather have something manufactured in Canada. Mexico is getting much better and competitive manufacturing pricing, but the quality is not as high. Canada is a more expensive place to manufacture, but typically has higher quality. There is certainly a balance for RIM, but I'd rather have a Canadian device I think.
    12-11-08 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD