Can someone tell me why my Storm has retained one voicemail notification on my home screen, even when I don't have a voice mail?

I assume this is voice mail as it's the insignia on the dial pad to press for voice mail. The two circles with a line on the bottom connecting them.

Thanks
    01-12-09 01:41 AM
    I have this issue too ever since I upgraded to .86

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 01:44 AM
    I'm still running .75
    01-12-09 01:47 AM
    I had the same issue when I first started using visual VM....verizon had to delete my voicemail box and I had to rebuild it. Was not a big deal but you lose any old messages you had and have to record a new greeting.
    01-12-09 04:23 AM
    I had the same issue when I first started using visual VM....verizon had to delete my voicemail box and I had to rebuild it. Was not a big deal but you lose any old messages you had and have to record a new greeting.
    I guess that explains it. I do not have Visual Voice Mail installed but I guess buttons got pushed in my pocket and it popped up today. when I tried to get out of it, it froze, and I had to turn it off and turn it on again. The next voicemail I got, the notification stuck up there.
    01-12-09 04:44 AM
    Guess I should have taken your advice.

I went out exploring on my own and deleted Visual Voice Mail and the notification remains.

Guess I'll be calling Verizon tonight.
    01-12-09 05:18 PM
    I had an unheard vmail when I loaded .75 and had to go back in and reaccept the terms for Viz Vmail, and that left the little message indication at the top.

I just updated to .86 and the little message icon disappeared thankfully!

I can't tell you how happy I am about this since I knew only the VZW peeps could fix it and I didn't feel like going through all that hassle.

So update to .86 and it'll go away.
    01-12-09 05:23 PM
    I had an unheard vmail when I loaded .75 and had to go back in and reaccept the terms for Viz Vmail, and that left the little message indication at the top.

I just updated to .86 and the little message icon disappeared thankfully!

I can't tell you how happy I am about this since I knew only the VZW peeps could fix it and I didn't feel like going through all that hassle.

So update to .86 and it'll go away.

I'm new to BB, with my Storm, so I'm hesitant to upgrade to unofficial versions. I don't have any voicemails saved and if all I have to do is re-record my greeting, I'm down with that.
    01-12-09 05:28 PM
    Had the same prob. yesterday; did a battery pull and it went away.
    01-12-09 05:34 PM
    Had the same prob. yesterday; did a battery pull and it went away.
    Nope.

This is the voicemail notification that wont go away.
    01-12-09 05:56 PM
    Hey, you know what?

If you actually have a voice mail and you delete it, that notification goes away.

******* brilliant, isn't it?
    01-12-09 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD