I've had this issue pretty much every single time the phone reboots or I pull the battery after updating to .86

The phone reboots perfectly fine all the way to the home screen. However once it gets to the home screen, the "Media Card Inserted" logo stays stuck on the screen, and when you try to click anything, the screen goes back to the boot-up Verizon logo and stays stuck there forever.
    The only thing I can do, is hold the power button, which will take you back to the home screen and give you the "Turning Power Off" logo, but it again will simply stay stuck there until you press a button, which will then again take you back to the boot-up Verizon logo screen.

So whenever this happens, I have to pull the battery again and the next time it boots up the phone will then work properly.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    01-16-09 10:51 AM
    I've had this issue pretty much every single time the phone reboots or I pull the battery after updating to .86

The phone reboots perfectly fine all the way to the home screen. However once it gets to the home screen, the "Media Card Inserted" logo stays stuck on the screen, and when you try to click anything, the screen goes back to the boot-up Verizon logo and stays stuck there forever.
    The only thing I can do, is hold the power button, which will take you back to the home screen and give you the "Turning Power Off" logo, but it again will simply stay stuck there until you press a button, which will then again take you back to the boot-up Verizon logo screen.

So whenever this happens, I have to pull the battery again and the next time it boots up the phone will then work properly.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    This has been a widespread issue with .83, .85 and .86. Most of the time if you boot the phone with the memory card removed then it will boot correctly.
    01-16-09 10:55 AM
    I have the same problem , but what solves it for me is waiting for a longer period before inserting the battery back in. 30secons or so.
    01-16-09 11:25 AM
    Try moving your wallpaper to the system memory NOT the media card.
    01-16-09 11:57 AM
    The only two ways I've been able to 100% avoid this with .86 is to either turn off the radio before rebooting or remove the SIM card (not the media card). I've opted for the SIM card removal since I wasn't using it any way.
    01-16-09 12:47 PM
    The only two ways I've been able to 100% avoid this with .86 is to either turn off the radio before rebooting or remove the SIM card (not the media card). I've opted for the SIM card removal since I wasn't using it any way.
    I still am able to get the issue with my SIM card removed.
    01-16-09 12:55 PM
    Try moving your wallpaper to the system memory NOT the media card.
    I've always had my wallpaper on the system memory

I still am able to get the issue with my SIM card removed.
    Same here, I've never had my sim card in the phone either
    01-16-09 01:22 PM
    I've given every fix out there a go and the best one that has worked flawlessly without fail is the one where you turn your radio off before a batt pull.
    01-16-09 02:24 PM
    Here is how I've gotten around this problem:

I moved my background wallpaper image from the media card to the internal memory.

When I do a battery pull, I also pull out the media card.

I insert the battery, let the phone start up completely, then insert the media card and put the back cover on.

This has worked every time for me and only adds a couple of seconds to the process.

All that said, I've found .86 to be remarkably stable. I only crash if I leave my Storm idle in the BlackBerry Messenger UI, and I have to reboot every morning after charging overnight because the charging light won't stop blinking.
    01-16-09 02:37 PM
    I've given every fix out there a go and the best one that has worked flawlessly without fail is the one where you turn your radio off before a batt pull.
    I think there might be something to the radio thing since I've never had the error when operating on AT&T (GSM) but have received it before on Verizon (CDMA)
    01-16-09 04:49 PM
    Just experienced this , but only happened when my battery was running nout..it kinda looked like a screensaver verizon logo...and the accelerometer would flip it in portrait and landscape..

a subsequent battery pull and plug into the charger did reboot the phone just fine...no more screen savers
    01-17-09 01:32 AM
    Someone on this forum said to call your phone and it will respond and bring it out of that screen, (vsod). Haven't tried it but will if it happens to me.
    01-17-09 06:41 AM
    whew - thought it was only me.... thank God for this forum...
    01-18-09 10:13 PM
    I had this issue too with .85. I tried pulling the battery, pulling out the media card, then putting it back in..then the battery...it worked everytime for me. Now that I have .86 I haven't had the problem though.
    01-18-09 11:22 PM
    Hm im trying to get it now so we shall see
    01-19-09 01:56 AM
    the call yourself doesnt work for me. you can answer the call but then it just goes back to the screen.
    01-19-09 02:16 AM
    All, obviously a new time subscriber here. I have been following the "trend". I went from early release OS and am currently upgrading to .86. I read someone's post about the verizon logo and coming out of "sleep" mode. This has been a problem for me since upgrading to .85. I have found a workaround if anyone's interested - next time you turn on the phone and it goes to the Verizon screen, and won't come off the Verizon screen, plug it into the charger. It should start the clock application. Exit out of the clock app, get back to your home screen, and unplug the device. It's a pain, but it has saved me from having to pull the battery and hope that the phone comes back to life. -Thanks.
    01-19-09 10:21 AM
    I just updated to .90 and it still has the problem so it hasn't been resolved yet. As a matter of fact it got worse for me,

When I did the battery pull, I left the sd-card out, well to my surprise, now the message came out saying "media card not inserted"

So now the problem with the sd-card is for both when it's not put in and when it is
    Last edited by zerog6; 01-22-09 at 07:37 PM.
    01-22-09 07:34 PM
    Great thread! just arrived in NJ for a business trip to find my phone gave the vz logo after landing! not a great start to the trip. i removed the memory card and now it works properly. very odd, but thanks you guys for the postings, you saved my biz trip!

s1
    01-26-09 08:54 PM
    Sounds like a lot of bother. Why not just navigate back to your image of choice and select it to be your home screen again ? The biggest hint here is putting this image not on your media card, but in your System memory - screen navigation speed improve a lot !

Doctor Neutron
    01-26-09 11:15 PM
    i've had this problem with the past few os builds, one thing ive been doing to get through it, is to just leave the phone alone after it boots, dont press the screen or buttons, give it 5 or 10 mins and the "memory card inserted" finally goes away for me own it own. just an idea, may not work for everyone.
    01-27-09 01:52 AM
    Sounds like a lot of bother. Why not just navigate back to your image of choice and select it to be your home screen again ? The biggest hint here is putting this image not on your media card, but in your System memory - screen navigation speed improve a lot !

Doctor Neutron
    ? That's not what's being discussed

i've had this problem with the past few os builds, one thing ive been doing to get through it, is to just leave the phone alone after it boots, dont press the screen or buttons, give it 5 or 10 mins and the "memory card inserted" finally goes away for me own it own. just an idea, may not work for everyone.
    It could work, but doing a battery pull takes less time than waiting for that to happen
    Last edited by zerog6; 01-27-09 at 02:02 AM.
    01-27-09 01:59 AM
    It could work, but doing a battery pull takes less time than waiting for that to happen
    it might not take that long, I honestly havent timed it or anything but it has worked pretty much every time for me so far and I only have to do 1 pull
    Last edited by CMadz90; 01-27-09 at 02:09 AM.
    01-27-09 02:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD