I do understand that storm users were complaining too long for 6 months that verizon have not released stable OS updates. I do know many of you might will ditch storm 1 and get storm 2 or 9630 but storm users will be stuck with same old problems with new devices because of it as I mentioned about storm 1 with OS updates. yes, it will happen to many users here. I must admit that I wish storm users should not complain with verizon over this mess. I do believe that verizon got really tired of people has been doing this by e mailing , phone calls or meet reps at verizon stores. so they have had enough of it so they will released storm 2 very soon.

this message is a not a joke and it is serious message for everyone

I wish you all well !!
    05-19-09 10:47 AM
    EXTRA!! EXTRA!! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!

Large corporation releases product before it has been adequately tested for mass distribution!

(and now, the next blurb down...)

Consumers complain of faulty product, demand resolve.

This is how retail works, always has and always will. Without complains from consumers, products can't get fixed (the bugs wont be known). Without the consumers, the bugs can't be fully realized.
    05-19-09 10:54 AM
    This is one of the reason why storm is a complete failure. No new OS and stock OS is lame, thank good for all the Leak.
    Anyways, I understand where your coming from. OS/update will comes when it comes out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 11:11 AM
    This is one of the reason why storm is a complete failure. No new OS and stock OS is lame, thank good for all the Leak.
    Anyways, I understand where your coming from. OS/update will comes when it comes out.

Complete failure? Like the edsel??
    05-19-09 11:14 AM
    So i talked to a verizon rep. I have had 3 replacements on my storm and all have had the same problems. The verizon rep told me the reason i was having problems with my phone was because i had a virus on my computer and it was being transferred each time i backed my phone up for contacts and such......................Are you effing kidding me. Sounds like verizon is trying to pass the buck onto everyone else for their failure
    05-19-09 11:35 AM
    Yea that makes a lot of sense.

Let's build one Storm forever. Just one. Let's give it faulty software and ruin our reputation so we get a lot of complaints to have a cop out for another Storm.

Let's fail any and all software upgrades.....well....let's pass one....but fail any others and leak em to crackberry to keep people happy while we secretly build 'Part Deux'.

Let's pay a RIM floor sweeper to leak pics of it to antagonise all the pissed off Storm users.

And in the midst of all this, we'll sabotage Steve Jobbs into secret talks about the iPhone comin to CDMA just because...well....we can.

Nice interpretation there OP.

You should work for the Goverment.

05-19-09 11:37 AM
    So i talked to a verizon rep. I have had 3 replacements on my storm and all have had the same problems. The verizon rep told me the reason i was having problems with my phone was because i had a virus on my computer and it was being transferred each time i backed my phone up for contacts and such......................Are you effing kidding me. Sounds like verizon is trying to pass the buck onto everyone else for their failure
    LMFAO!!!

They've finally run out of excuses and now just makin **** up!!

Hilarious.

05-19-09 11:42 AM
    LMAO.. So now its windows fault? Cant wait to see whos at fault next...
    05-19-09 11:46 AM
    What upsets me even more is that im fairly good with computers and am very computer savy and i know this isnt what was happening and the rep still argued with me. I really do like the idea of the storm but the problems i have experienced with the phone are crap. And i could probably deal with the problems more if verizon would offer some decent customer service to help. But they cant even do that.
    05-19-09 11:49 AM
    LMAO.. So now its windows fault? Cant wait to see whos at fault next...
    It'll be Glade's fault...

The air freshner is emmitting fumes in your home which contain particles with molecular construction detremental to the environment which in turn cause your body to release a natural enzyme that contains bacteria and seeps into the gps chip on your phone causing eratic location updates when not acquired by the user therefore over working the ROM drive.

05-19-09 11:56 AM
    I do understand that storm users were complaining too long for 6 months that verizon have not released stable OS updates. I do know many of you might will ditch storm 1 and get storm 2 or 9630 but storm users will be stuck with same old problems with new devices because of it as I mentioned about storm 1 with OS updates. yes, it will happen to many users here. I must admit that I wish storm users should not complain with verizon over this mess. I do believe that verizon got really tired of people has been doing this by e mailing , phone calls or meet reps at verizon stores. so they have had enough of it so they will released storm 2 very soon.

this message is a not a joke and it is serious message for everyone

I wish you all well !!
    Ooooook_____. :s

05-19-09 12:00 PM
    lol @ thread
    05-19-09 12:01 PM
    sounds good, lets RUSH the next device, so it has the same problems, except next time we would be to blame instead of them.

sounds good?

hmmm, no.
    05-19-09 12:02 PM
    It'll be Glade's fault...

The air freshner is emmitting fumes in your home which contain particles with molecular construction detremental to the environment which in turn cause your body to release a natural enzyme that contains bacteria and seeps into the gps chip on your phone causing eratic location updates when not acquired by the user therefore over working the ROM drive.

Now THIS is the funniest statement I have heard all day. I almost pissed myself and had to go home and change. Thanks you have just made my day.

05-19-09 12:04 PM
    Now THIS is the funniest statement I have heard all day. I almost pissed myself and had to go home and change. Thanks you have just made my day.

My pleasure

*always keeps extra pants in the car*

05-19-09 12:06 PM
    My storm is good. Why do u complain upgrade your OS with a leak and you will be fine. I have heard from IT there have been instances where a virus is transferred to your phone. I am on my first storm since nov. No business card trick no torn screw bit. I am Very Happy with My Storm. Lately I come to CB just to see all the cry babies in rhe Storm section. You all make for some good ole fashion laughing.

05-19-09 12:12 PM
    Well for 1. Every storm i have had has completely froze up on me making it unusual. 2. Every storm i have had the video camera will not work. I dont think that its unreasonable or that im a cry baby for those problems. And also if i good money for a phone Verizon should provide me with the ability to fix it. Not me go and look for some hack to fix it. My problem isnt with the phone per say. My problem is with verizon.
    05-19-09 12:19 PM
    Well for 1. Every storm i have had has completely froze up on me making it unusual. 2. Every storm i have had the video camera will not work. I dont think that its unreasonable or that im a cry baby for those problems. And also if i good money for a phone Verizon should provide me with the ability to fix it. Not me go and look for some hack to fix it. My problem isnt with the phone per say. My problem is with verizon.
    what OS are you running?
    05-19-09 12:39 PM
    .75. The point is if I pay money to verizon they should provide the fix. Not me finding a leaked os. I'm paying for a phone and service verizon is unwilling to fix

05-19-09 12:50 PM
    There are a number of people who run .75 daily with no problems, and there are others who experienced problems (as you will with any phone) and chose to do a leaked os, and others lke myself who just like to tinker with the new OS's.

not to be mean, but if you feel so strongly about it, why dont you sell your storm and get something "better" whatever that may be to you.
    05-19-09 02:26 PM
    o
    m
    g

this guy needs to have a talking to from the admins here about starting threads...

hey, i think i'll report his post!
    05-19-09 02:31 PM
    This phone was a guinea pig. Surepress was a new technology, it's the first touchscreen blackberry, first verizon phone with a sim card...everything about this phone is new and not tried before so in my opinion it was released early to see how people would like different parts of the phone.

Rim doesnt care if they sold a crappy phone, cause they will never loser their credibility considering that blackberries will always sell no matter what, now by improving this device they come out with a completely new phone and they've probably fixed everything we complained about.

HOPEFULLY, they're considerate and allow us to buy this new storm without paying full retail cause I will be REALLY pissed.
    05-19-09 02:46 PM
    This phone was a guinea pig. Surepress was a new technology, it's the first touchscreen blackberry, first verizon phone with a sim card...everything about this phone is new and not tried before so in my opinion it was released early to see how people would like different parts of the phone.

Rim doesnt care if they sold a crappy phone, cause they will never loser their credibility considering that blackberries will always sell no matter what, now by improving this device they come out with a completely new phone and they've probably fixed everything we complained about.

HOPEFULLY, they're considerate and allow us to buy this new storm without paying full retail cause I will be REALLY pissed.

highlighted are the parts that are incorrect...

all quad band phones have SIM slots, the storm doesn't run on GSM natively, its a CDMA device that is capable of using GSM for roaming...8830 WE was the same thing (WE = world edition)

and you will not get a discount or free phone as an upgrade. you will get the regular discounts that you are offered...those discounts come from VZW, not RIM.
    05-19-09 02:53 PM
    There is one person at fault!! Sponge Bob!! A VZW rep told me so!!
    05-19-09 03:07 PM
    You all got sold the development unit.

The device they really intended to release, the Storm2 aka the real Storm, should be available in August is my best guess.

to all the Storm 1 owners you fought hard and long. You believed and were decieved. I send you this tribute.....

turn it up loud.

05-19-09 03:11 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD