I was Stormin from 10:05am 11/21/08 until about 05:45am 2/16/09. I bricked it and cannot recover it. Now what to do with 4 hours until VZW store opens?
    02-16-09 04:56 AM
    If you were trying to update the firmwear to/from beta, they might not cover it. That being said, there is many a person who has "How to recover a dead berry" in their sig. There is also a section I think in the BB 101 section above. If your having trouble finding it, you can always google the sentence above.

Good luck with it
    02-16-09 05:06 AM
    Already tried those fixes. It still just won't recognize that its there.
    02-16-09 05:08 AM
    Well since your question is what to do with 4 hours till Vzw opens.. I'm thinking read about the late Strom Thurmond about whom your thread is accidentally mis-titled. ? His family owned Al Sharpton's family apparently back in the day...
    02-16-09 07:28 AM
    Well since your question is what to do with 4 hours till Vzw opens.. I'm thinking read about the late Strom Thurmond about whom your thread is accidentally mis-titled. ? His family owned Al Sharpton's family apparently back in the day...
    lol. nice catch. but i already know who he is.
    02-16-09 02:02 PM
    Isn't it impossible to truly brick the storm? Just use jl to wipe. Please don't tell me you're on windows 7 either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 07:21 PM
    I've tried everything I know of to recover a dead BlackBerry. No dice. Just a black screen with blinking red LED. JL Cmder gives me an error that it cannot open port. I've tried using DOS prompt for install from app loader.
    02-17-09 04:01 AM
    I've tried everything I know of to recover a dead BlackBerry. No dice. Just a black screen with blinking red LED. JL Cmder gives me an error that it cannot open port. I've tried using DOS prompt for install from app loader.
    I got the same thing last night when I upgraded to the .103/.106 hybrid. I wiped it with JL, restarted the computer, and ran the apploader.exe and it worked just fine. You should give it a try if you haven't already.
    02-18-09 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD