When I am on a call, and I get a second line, and I would like to join these calls it seems it is impossible to do. This is what I would do: when getting that second call, I would pick it up, and put the first call on hold, but there is no option to join these calls in either menu (clicking the menu button), or on the screen (the only option is to add a new participant and that has to be done by calling someone new, not connecting the person who is already on hold). Is there a way to do this, or is it just a bug? Thank you
    Last edited by Toxa; 08-19-09 at 05:17 PM.
    08-19-09 05:07 PM
    Nobody faced this issue before? I cant believe it
    08-19-09 05:13 PM
    You cannot do it that way. With you could, but you can't. Hitting Send will flip between the two back and forth, but not Join them.

To conference a 3rd party in you'll need to be on a call with someone, then hit Conference and pick the 3rd person to call, then when that person answers, you can hit Send to join the two calls and yourself into a 3 way call.

BTW, what you're describing is 3-way calling and to my knowledge, no smartphone can do that via the first set to instructions you want to use (i.e. like a land line).
    08-19-09 05:44 PM
    then when that person answers, you can hit Send to join the two calls and yourself into a 3 way call.
    Once again, RIM put in a flash button with no command string behind it!
    08-19-09 07:10 PM
    You cannot do it that way. With you could, but you can't. Hitting Send will flip between the two back and forth, but not Join them.

To conference a 3rd party in you'll need to be on a call with someone, then hit Conference and pick the 3rd person to call, then when that person answers, you can hit Send to join the two calls and yourself into a 3 way call.

BTW, what you're describing is 3-way calling and to my knowledge, no smartphone can do that via the first set to instructions you want to use (i.e. like a land line).
    I had a blackberry curve 8300 and a pearl before the storm, and I am 100% sure I used to do it exactly that way.
    09-01-09 08:30 PM
    Phones & Devices - Verizon Wireless Support

http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/bb_storm/9530.pdf

page 17

basically, there is no feature...you have to initiate the calls, you can't hit "flash" and bring an incoming call from call waiting into a conference call...
    09-01-09 09:02 PM
    I have the Tour from Verizon. I have spole to tech support 7-8 times. Even following their directions, it does nto work. When trying to call the second party, I get a dial tone for about 1.5 seconds, the 7-10 seconds of silence and then a busy signal....every time.
    05-11-10 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD