Picked up my third replacement this morning, gawed I hope this is the last one. Im getting tired of personalizing these phones only to have to return them. You would think BB would have better quality control

Tug
    12-31-08 03:21 PM
    No kidding. I'm at the point to where when I receive a new storm, I just leave the OS alone and spend the few minutes re-downloading apps and reloading my settings from the last phone.

+New phone purchased 11/21
    +Called for a replacement on 12/17, screen click / dust problem
    +Received the replacement on 12/21

(at this point needed to send back my original to verizon)

+Dropped my original on the tile floor and cracked the screen
    +Called Verizon, they tell me to keep the cracked phone and send back the good one (it was perfect!)
    +Called Asurion, place a claim, received a new storm last night
    +End button on new storm is about to fall off
    Called Asurion, a replacement for the replacement is coming Friday

Hope this is the last one...
    12-31-08 07:41 PM
    I'm not sure how you can blame Verizon when you dropped your original phone.....
    12-31-08 07:47 PM
    I'm not sure how you can blame Verizon when you dropped your original phone.....
    I guess I missed the part where I blamed verizon for going onto my fourth phone?

As previously stated, I'm frustrated with reconfiguring software with the new phone.

Since you didn't understand my post and are focused on pronunciating what you received as a negative impression of Verizon... I will reproduce my post and speak in terms of "blame"...

Okay now, get ready, I am about to start a post with "read between the lines" version of my first post, specifically for your perspective...

Okay and Start!

Hello. I am frustrated with the process of reconfiguring my phone everytime I get one replaced.... This is what has happened to date...

Original Purchase - A RIM product through Verizon

The phone was defective - RIM's "fault" through Verizon

I get a replacement RIM device and it is great

I dropped the defective RIM product that was suppose to go back to Verizon - My "fault"

Verizon asked me to send the good RIM product back and to file a claim on the damaged RIM product - Nobody's "fault" just part of the process

Asurion sends me a new RIM product - Nobody's "fault" just part of the process

The replacement RIM product is defective - RIM's "fault" through Asurion

I am now awaiting a new RIM product through Asurion.

Yay! Give yourself a big hug!
    12-31-08 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD