ok I have searched and seen nothing regarding this. I have just switched from a windows mobile to the storm and love it, but when watching live t.v. on the storm the video seems distorted. I am not sure if the picture was clearer on the other phone because the screen was smaller or if I need to adjust some settings. Pretty new to BB so if anyone has any idea please let me know. Not expecting HD clarity but just not so much pixelation.
    05-12-09 08:36 PM
    What kind of quality is it streaming in? Is it set to a low speed, either download on your Storm, or upload on your computer?

That being said, I think you'll only be able to get so far, due to the fact that this is still just a cell phone, and it's running over a cellular data connection. This hard upper limit may or may not be enough to satisfy you.
    05-12-09 09:00 PM
    Like I said...I am not looking for perfection just wondering if the pixelation is what to expect. The screen on my last phone was half the size so I think that may have made the picture appear clearer than it was
    05-12-09 09:17 PM
    could you pls provide the link to watch tv live ?
    05-12-09 10:12 PM
    go to orb.com and follow the instructions
    05-13-09 07:06 AM
    It is based on alot of things. Such as your cell signal strength, your PC processor, what is running on your PC at the time, if ORB has to convert on the fly, and many more. The bottom line is this, the pixelation and ghosting are going to happen. There isn't much you can do about it. It is still better than nothing. The only way to see clean video on your storm is to store it directly on your SD card.
    05-13-09 07:11 AM
    You can also change the connection settings in Orb. Go to Orb on you phone, then settings, and there you can set the connection rate, and you can set it as high as you can without experiencing lag. All this being said, I haven't been able to get Orb to work at all on my phone, so you're further than I have gotten.
    05-13-09 07:13 AM
    Its because the screen is bigger. You wont notice the pixelation as much on a smaller screen as you do on the larger one. You can see the difference if you go from full screen to small screen on Storm by tapping the screen when the stream is playing, it will bring up the player buttons and shrink the picture.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 07:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD