Hi,

I tried to search the forums and online and I couldn't find an answer to this question.

Basically, I want to listen to streaming audio online on the This American Life episode archives (m.thisamericanlife.org/Radio_Archive.aspx - the "Full Episode" link is what's not working) on my BB Storm. When I click the 30-second previews, which must be in another format, I can open those no problem. It's the streaming audio that I can't - I just get a blank screen when I try.

Has anyone else had luck with this? Would it help if I tried a different browser (I'm using the standard one that came on my Storm).

I have already altered my browser so it will allow Java and Java pop-ups.

Any other suggestions? Has anyone been successful with this?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    05-22-09 12:21 PM
    Unfamiliar w/. Hope other(s) can help.
    05-23-09 11:27 AM
    my suggestion is to try moodioDOTfm (sign up and add any streaming audio with a web address you want...also u can find 1000s that other users have already made.)

if u are having trouble finding the url use urlsnooper (the link is on moodio site as well)

then go here edlindustriesDOTcom and get the moodioDOTfm launcher and any other ones u want...it will link u to the site where u sign in once and then it always remembers u...pretty neat actually...it works flawless and u can have unlimited number of stored stations...i spent hours finding my favorite web streams and used shoutcastDOTcom as well to find 1000s more ..now i have any genre/talkshow/sports cast/comedy i wanna hear at anytime.

hope this helps.

-murph
    05-23-09 12:40 PM
    looking at the thisamericanlife web site, I'm not sure moodio will help

The links to 30 second preview and free download are to mp3 files, which the BB can download and play. The full episode links are some javascript launched stream, might take some detective work to figure out the right URL to set moodio up to, and then you''d have to add a moodio station for each episode you wanted to listen to. My advice would be download them with a PC, load them onto the storm as podcasts.
    05-23-09 12:48 PM
    url sniffer works wonders when u click a link and it shows a javascript address...i have used it to get sirius stations even....it finds every possible website that is being either found in the background and/or is hidden in the code and not visible in the page info.

try it out snarfler as well..its a small kb program but works well

another option i see there is they have podcasts...not sure if that will help but u could always use viigo 3.0 new podcast supporter and/or some other program.

-murph
    05-23-09 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD